Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Re: Being Charge for Customer Owned Modem

New Poster

After spending numerous hours on the phone with Comcast's Billing and Technical Departments for the same reason (suddenly being charged by their Escalations Department for a modem rental, even though I purchased my own modem and returned theirs over 2.5 years ago), I am no further along.   I just filed a complaint with the PA Public Utilities Commission.   If they cannot help me, then I'll move up the ladder to the FCC, as this is outright fraud.

I agree with DougWS, as Comcast is just becoming too tiring to deal with...

Official Employee

Hi gmortell, I can assist reviewing this further for you.  Please send me a private message with your account information (your name,  and phone number). 

Thank you 

New Poster

Hi Phil, Thanks for the offer, but I think it is getting resolved, although slowly. My internet stopped working a couple of days ago, so I had to call again, and have the Technical/Provisioning dept send a reset signal & provision the modem again (not sure what that even means). While I was working with them, I was told that my account was being credited for the prior months modem rental charges. Just hope it's a permanent resolution. By the way, I didn't see an option to mark my reply as private or public, so I'm not sure if this posting to the forum, or just going to you. Since there is just a 'Post' button, I'm assuming that this goes to the forum. Thanks again, gmortell