online now

discussions

Rates wacked

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2 (256 Views)

Rates wacked

I haven't had Comcast one week, and I wanted to add the ability to watch NFL games. So I went online to get it done, and when I went to the checkout my rate showed I'd be paying somewhere around $129 per month.

This was a rather steep increase, seeing as the season is winding down and I'm supposed to be paying $63-64 per month for the first year, the no contract price for internet+basic.

So I called customer service, who said that yes, indeed, I could add NHL "Race for the Cup" for two payments of $24, which would mean the total of the monthly bill would "only be $111".

I'm naturally having trouble figuring out how $64 + $24= New monthly payments of $111, but the nice representative told me that she didn't have all of the latest on the online opportunities to upgrades and I should go online and make the changes.

Back I go to online, check in, and all of a sudden it says my monthly bill is now $124.90.

What? Huh? $64 + 1 call + return to website = $124.90?

Now if this is first month of $64 + $60 installation then it returns to $64.00 month, I can understand. If it's not, it took Comcast 3.5 days from the time it became active to the time it got screwed up  for my account. The representative said she didn't have the answers for any of this and I'd be best served in an "online chatroom", where lots of people get their questions answered.

Not impressive. Just not.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)

Re: Rates wacked

Hello durbustweeb,

I'm sorry for the trouble. In regards to your billing concerns. Can you sent me a private message with the best contact number and time frame we can reach out to you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon