Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ROLLER COASTER RATES

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 5
Yep, just as I was told once I'm with Xfinity for a while my bill start climbing for no reason, you call and fix the problem and then a month or two later and jumps right back up. When you call in a you get someone that barely speaks English named Karesh, or Javi and nothing is done other than that I'm literally laughing at you
4 REPLIES
Posted by
Admin1

Message 2 of 5

Hi Rattler02 -- I reviewed your account to see about these rate changes. In review, your package rates are showing still aligned with your contract agreement with not changes made. Only changes that were found were certain taxes and fees that increased, both of which are subject to change. If you are seeing something different please reply back with the rate change you're seeing and I will address that with you. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 3 of 5
Yeah you call in about terrible service and you get a discounted rate oh we're going to give you a $20 credit for so long and then after only a month or two it disappears. Then I login online to pay my bill and it shows that I have $150 credit, I'm like , cool, but then the next month $260 is added back on to my bill with a late fee in addition to that saying I didn't pay it. I call in to complain, I say I paid the bill that was online total amount due but then and am told $160 a day this month was for data overages. So now let's get into that, when I first signed up for Comcast there was no cap on my data but effective last November suddenly there it is? I only use less than 1-3 gigabyte of data per month until I got an Xbox One and then it had to download all the updates, that used over a terabyte of data in that month and suddenly I'm getting all these notices from Comcast about data usage, I did not sign up for a cell phone plan what's the purpose of having Wi-Fi at home to use if it's capped. I was very happy with Comcast and now I'm understanding why the millions of other people are not.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 4 of 5

Thank you for the explanation. I was able to see the things you're referring to and can help explain them. In December you were given a -$20 credit. This was only a one-time credit and was not setup to be reoccurring. Our service was always had a data limit however it was not being enforced. Your area does enforce this data limit now. What we do is allow you 2 overages that we credit back as a courtesy to you. Online billing showed this credit however it did not show the actual charge until your next statement printed. Home Wi-Fi does not exclude data usage as you are still using Internet data while over Wi-Fi. We do have an option to add Unlimited Data to your account. It is available for $50 per month. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 5

I think it is unfair for 1 TB data cap because of Steam games that we need to download. I had to split three months to download all of Steam games that are over 1.5 TB. It's good thing that we can save Steam games on a different drive rather than redownloading them. 

The reason Comcast limits you to 1 TB a month is because too many people are abusing the system by torrenting games. It made us honest persons having to pay extra 50 dollars for unlimited data.

This is very reason why I'm leaving Comcast once my contract is up, so I can switch to FIOS. The reason I signed up contract last year was because FIOS wasn't available and data cap wasn't placed at that time.

I will still buy more and more Steam games which I will need to download many many many TBs of data in future. 

So, Steam users, best to go FIOS to avoid data cap.