Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Put into a Contract without My Knowledge or My Consent - Can't Put me Back on Old Plan

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
Contributor

Message 1 of 5

Last Sunday I called Comcast to see about adding Showtime.  I asked the sales person if there were any promotions available for Showtime.  She said "No", but that for $10 more a month, I could get Showtime, TMC, Streampix, and Internet Blast on my plan. I agreed, and we ended the conversation.

Today I saw my first bill online, and, to my shock and surprise, I have been signed up for a two year contract.  I absolutely was not told by the salesperson that I was agreeing to a contract. If she had told me, I would have never agreed to the change. I never want to be under contract, ever.

I called "Solutions" (formerly known as "Retentions", as I understand it) to try to get this resolved. I asked that my account be set back to exactly the way it was before Sunday March 12.  The agent put me on hold several times while he conferred with another group.  Ultimately, he came back to the phone to say he could not change my package back. He gave me a ticket number and said that someone would get back to me in seven to ten days.

Is there anyone here that can expedite this?  I am absolutely furious that I was put on a contract without being told.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES
Posted by
Administrator

Message 2 of 5
Solution

Hi sethgoodman -- I can fix your package for you. I reviewed your call and you are correct that the agent you spoke with did not mention this was a contract offer. I have reverted your account back to the way it was prior to these changes on 3/12. This will correct all billing as well. I have placed Showtime on your account $0 x 6 months for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 5

Thank you so much! I am relieved and grateful to have this taken care of so quickly.

And thanks very much for the six months of Showtime.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 4 of 5

You're welcome sir! 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 5 of 5

This exact thing happened to me, and it seems to be an authorized manuver to keep customers from dropping Comcast which if I read this board right, is a LOT of people. Disgraceful and unethical. Any employee doing this little trick should be fired. But it goes on and on: wink..wink...nudge ...nudge. It is encouraged by senior management or it would have stopped long ago.