Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Prices increases despite contracted rate???

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4

I've just reviewed the price increases listed in the March bill.  It looks like Comcast is adding an extra $5 to the junk fees on my package, and raising the package price (X1 Triple Play) by $21.  I have a 2 year contract for that package at $189.  Does the price on my package go up despite the contact?  If so, how do I cancel my account?  I'm assuming any type of termination fee will be waived since Comcast is breaking the contract.

I switched from DirecTV last year and I've liked some things about the Comcast service.  However, there are several other ways to get tv and internet services.  Xfinity video quality isn't as good as DirecTV or FIOS, and there is no 4k or HDR option. 

Consumer choice and options are increasing.  This will drive prices down.  A Comcast policy to increase prices instead is disrepectful to your customers and will drive them away.  I know I'm back on the market.....

3 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 4

Hello Bossage,

I’m sorry for your troubles. I have sent you a private message to discuss your account concerns further.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 4

I had a very similar situation happen. The only reason I even signed up for the contract was because I was told the price would stay the same and then in less than 3 MONTHS the price has already changed. I think it is ridiculous that they want us to be on 'contract' but they are allowed to break their own contract! If you are told a certain price and sign up for a contract because they promise that will be price for the duration of the time then it needs to stay that. Or, it is breach of contract and I should be relinquished from also having to be apart of that contract!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 4 of 4

Hi Kbatton! I had the opportunity to review your bills and contract to help resolve your billing concerns. The only difference I was able to locate outside of the monthly rate you were promised, are the taxes and fees that are imposed by your local municipality. If you would like to discuss your billing or concerns in further detail, please send me a private message by clicking on my name, then clicking private message me. I'd be more than happy to help however I can. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon