Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Price Increase: Why do they do that?

New Poster

Price Increase: Why do they do that?

My comcast internet price went up by about $10.00 this month and when I had to go through a series of service agents (chat and then two levels of phone call, the first level of which couldn't even speak properly) before being told that the price will go up every year unless the promotion can be renewed. And when I said I'll cancel, they said they'll charge me an early termination fee because my contract apparently expires on Oct. 15. No niceties, no counter offers, nothing. Take it or leave seems to be the attitude.

Is it reasonable to expect the customer to keep track about the expiry every year or experience a price increase? When I told them about the Lifetime price being offered by Century Link, they offered a smilar plan for about $25 more, which is so unreasonable.

I'm so frustrated.

Official Employee

Re: Price Increase: Why do they do that?

Hi, monk077 - My apologies for your experience. We don't offer the Lifetime price but we can always check if there are any available promotions in the area. If you would like,  I can definitely check if we there are any promotions for your current tier of service. Just please let me know.   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation