New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Please take off Broadcast TV fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Please take off Broadcast TV fee

I had a Performance Internet plan (something like that).  A salewoman called a month ago and told me I could pay $10 more to get the Internet Blast plan with better download (75Mbps).  I told her we didn't use TV and didn't have a TV. She said fine.   Now, I am being charged $13.30 for this Broadcast TV fee.

Doesn't make any sense because we had to pay more even though we don't use this feature TV option.

Now I can't go back to the old plan because they said it no longer existed.  I found out online the it actually still existed, but only for "new customers".  In other words, new customers get treated better than loyal existing customers.  I fail to understand this business model.  But this logic is probably above my pay grade.

Another thing, I found out the Broadcast TV fee is typically between $5 and $7. We are being charged with $13.30 for this fee.  Person I talked to at a local Comcast office couldn't explain this and asked me to call in.  Instead of having to wait 20 minutes to get an answer, I am hoping that the online crew can help me resolve this.  If possible, please deactivate the TV service of my plan. I don't watch TV, don't need it.  I am still paying the full price ($39.99) of the Internet Blast without the TV.   And of course, I don't want to pay for the TV Broadcast fee beause I won't use the service.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Please take off Broadcast TV fee

This is the right forum account (if you need to look up my info). Thanks. Somehow I posted using an older account (vtp1975)

Official Employee

Hello vphan2017, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I have PMed you my account information.  Thank you for looking into this.