Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Plan Change & Customer Service

New Poster

Plan Change & Customer Service

I have been a Comcast customer for the last two years. Throughout this time, I have maintained cable and internet services. I have had a less than satisfactory experience, and more so in the recent weeks all of which were completely avoidable.

When I initially signed up for Comcast I was satisfied with my service and it met my expectations according to what I was quoted during my initial agreement. One year later I noticed a significant increase in my bill with no changes or additions to my services. It was then that I learned that the initial representative who signed me up quoted a service price that expired after the first year of my contract and never told me that despite informing me that my agreement was for two years, this was completely misleading and outright false. I was not able to cancel my services without a large penalty at that time regardless of being mislead in the initial agreement.

Over the next year, I had to make several calls in to customer service to have my bill adjusted when additional services were added on or there were sudden spikes in my bill. Throughout the last year I have had a mixture of pleasant and unpleasant experiences with various service representatives.

I began making calls to Comcast at the beginning of March 2018 to explore my service options once my contract ended. I was provided various quotes for both internet only as well as cable and internet bundled packages. On March 28, 2018, I spoke to a gentleman who offered me a service package of $116/month after taxes and fees which would be back-dated to the end of my contract and would start a new 12-month contract. I explained my hesitancy with signing a new agreement with Comcast due to my initial contract with Comcast referenced above to which this representative eased my concerns by explaining that the new system required all agreements to be reviewed by the customer prior to the contract taking effect.

During the call placed on March 28, 2018 I explained that I was prepared to accept the new plan and start a new 12-month contract assuming it was as explained by phone. I explained that I was driving at that moment and unable to review the text message link until I stopped. The representative informed me that he would send me the link for my review and acceptance and call me back within 45 minutes. I did receive the link to the new terms as promised but it was no longer a working link due to it being timed out about 15 – 20 minutes later. I assumed this would be rectified shortly when I received a return call. I however, never received a call back. I waited several days and still did not receive a phone call and could not access the new plan via my online account or the text message link.

I later placed several calls to Comcast, the first on April 5, 2018. At that time, I spoke to several representatives and the final supervisor told me she could not honor the March 28, 2018 terms. She informed me she would request the audio from the phone call because there was no record of what the terms were from that phone call but could not advise me when she would get back to me, how long it would request to receive the audio, or provide any interim solution at that time.

On April 8, 2018 I was informed that my plan could be backdated to reflect the new plan to March 9, 2018 at the latest but the representative from this phone call could not provide any of this in writing or inform me what the new plan would even be. My obvious concern is that this will not be honored and that I will again have no recourse.

My Request:

What I am requesting is very simple. I am asking for the March 28, 2018 terms to be honored – my current plan removing HBO at a rate of $116/month after taxes and fees and back dated to the end of my prior two-year agreement. My second request, is to cancel my services without any penalties as of the end of my contract.

Service Expert

Re: Plan Change & Customer Service

@Nettynet wrote:

I have been a Comcast customer for the last two years. Throughout this time, I have maintained cable and internet services. I have had a less than satisfactory experience, and more so in the recent weeks all of which were completely avoidable.

When I initially signed up for Comcast I was satisfied with my service and it met my expectations according to what I was quoted during my initial agreement. One year later I noticed a significant increase in my bill with no changes or additions to my services. It was then that I learned that the initial representative who signed me up quoted a service price that expired after the first year of my contract and never told me that despite informing me that my agreement was for two years, this was completely misleading and outright false. I was not able to cancel my services without a large penalty at that time regardless of being mislead in the initial agreement.

Over the next year, I had to make several calls in to customer service to have my bill adjusted when additional services were added on or there were sudden spikes in my bill. Throughout the last year I have had a mixture of pleasant and unpleasant experiences with various service representatives.

I began making calls to Comcast at the beginning of March 2018 to explore my service options once my contract ended. I was provided various quotes for both internet only as well as cable and internet bundled packages. On March 28, 2018, I spoke to a gentleman who offered me a service package of $116/month after taxes and fees which would be back-dated to the end of my contract and would start a new 12-month contract. I explained my hesitancy with signing a new agreement with Comcast due to my initial contract with Comcast referenced above to which this representative eased my concerns by explaining that the new system required all agreements to be reviewed by the customer prior to the contract taking effect.

During the call placed on March 28, 2018 I explained that I was prepared to accept the new plan and start a new 12-month contract assuming it was as explained by phone. I explained that I was driving at that moment and unable to review the text message link until I stopped. The representative informed me that he would send me the link for my review and acceptance and call me back within 45 minutes. I did receive the link to the new terms as promised but it was no longer a working link due to it being timed out about 15 – 20 minutes later. I assumed this would be rectified shortly when I received a return call. I however, never received a call back. I waited several days and still did not receive a phone call and could not access the new plan via my online account or the text message link.

I later placed several calls to Comcast, the first on April 5, 2018. At that time, I spoke to several representatives and the final supervisor told me she could not honor the March 28, 2018 terms. She informed me she would request the audio from the phone call because there was no record of what the terms were from that phone call but could not advise me when she would get back to me, how long it would request to receive the audio, or provide any interim solution at that time.

On April 8, 2018 I was informed that my plan could be backdated to reflect the new plan to March 9, 2018 at the latest but the representative from this phone call could not provide any of this in writing or inform me what the new plan would even be. My obvious concern is that this will not be honored and that I will again have no recourse.

My Request:

What I am requesting is very simple. I am asking for the March 28, 2018 terms to be honored – my current plan removing HBO at a rate of $116/month after taxes and fees and back dated to the end of my prior two-year agreement. My second request, is to cancel my services without any penalties as of the end of my contract.

I'm not sure why your rep said "after taxes" because they don't know what the taxes will be.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Plan Change & Customer Service

That may be true. I'm not sure why I was told I could disconnect from the call and then review the terms becasue that apparently is incorrect as well. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation