Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Payment - Billing Date Change - they won't do it!

ANSWERED
New Poster

Payment - Billing Date Change - they won't do it!

I called in to change my billing due date; however I was told that this cannot/no-way be done.  I only get paid on the 3rd of each month and I pay all of my bills at that time, but the due date on the bill I just received is 10/25/17 (first bill).  So, I cannot pay this until 11/3/17, and by the time I pay this one, I will have another bill coming out on 11/4/17 - there is no way I can pay two bills out of my check on 11/3/17 - so because they would not change my billing date, I will be late making my payment every month.  I don't like being late on paying my bills - BUT - I don't have a choice because they would not help me.

I am definitely NOT a happy customer.  Lots of companies are very happy to change the due dates/billing date to coincide with my check - and I don't understand why Comcast/Xfinity aren't willing to work with their customers.  I guess they want you to pay late so they can then assess you a late fee to make them more money.  No consideration for their customers.

Accepted Solution

Re: Payment - Billing Date Change - they won't do it!

Hi bjs1815, thank you for reaching out.  What you were told is correct and currently your billing cycle/due date cannot be changed.

Thank you

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi bjs1815, thank you for reaching out.  What you were told is correct and currently your billing cycle/due date cannot be changed.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

At this point Xfinity is CAUSING customers to be late. If it's a system issue then Xfinity should be reimbursing customers the late fees.
Service Expert

FirstLadyGa80 wrote:
At this point Xfinity is CAUSING customers to be late. If it's a system issue then Xfinity should be reimbursing customers the late fees.

It's not a system issue.  The due date is based on when service is started.  Once the date has been set it can't be changed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

No one tells you upon signing up that it will be TWENTY DAYS after your first month. That is unacceptable. If your system will not accommodate your customers, than it IS an issue with your system.
This needs to be rectified. Comcast/Xfinity has never had great customer service, but this is blatant disgregard.
Official Employee

Hi @Cptstrfsh. We're sorry you feel that way. The billing cycle/due date cannot be changed within our systems. 

Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation