Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Pay per view channels

New Poster

Pay per view channels

I removed the pay per view channels only to find out later that this extended my contract to another 2 years. I was told at the store I had 30 days to simply undue the change and return to where I was. Has anyone else come across this? When I called they were nice but told me I could cancel but it would still extend the contract 2 years. This is a shameful way to treat a customer. I hate contracts and had no intention of leaving Comcast but sure did not want to sign a 2 year contract.

Problem Solver

Re: Pay per view channels

@jimrogerssr wrote:

I removed the pay per view channels only to find out later that this extended my contract to another 2 years. I was told at the store I had 30 days to simply undue the change and return to where I was. Has anyone else come across this? When I called they were nice but told me I could cancel but it would still extend the contract 2 years. This is a shameful way to treat a customer. I hate contracts and had no intention of leaving Comcast but sure did not want to sign a 2 year contract.

The Comcast employee more than likely offered you a special price for something causing it to be a new 2 year contract. Were you changing things before a current contract ran out?

I would hope that some Comcast forum member would reply on this post to help you out. They tend to follow my replies.

New Poster

That could very well be what happened. I was still under contract so I thought I was simply removing some channels. It just hit me wrong then made me madder when they told me I could not roll the change back without incurring the 2 years.

Admin1

Hi jimrogersr -- The information the agent told you about restarting a contract is correct. Removing those channels would switch you into a different package. You aren't charged for the package you switched to if you revert back within 30 days. That doesn't revert you back to where you were in your original contract though. If you don't want to be in a contract we can move you to a non-contract, though that would change your pricing as non-contract packages have a higher rate. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation