Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

PAYMENT OF CHECKS TO COMCAST

New Poster

PAYMENT OF CHECKS TO COMCAST

It has come to my attention that Comcast discriminates against customers who pay their bills by check.  they deliberately withhold payment for 10 business days before posting to the account.  the billing statement does not state that it takes 7 to 10 business days to post.  this is not true.  i asked for other ways to pay, and comcast refused to answer my questions.  I have a copy of the last transcript to share with anyone who would like to see what they told me.  when I asked for copies of the envelopes that the checks come in, they refused to answer my question.  when i ask for electronic payment instructions, they refuse to answer me.  

so it appears that comcast is deliberately holding check paying customers hostage so they can push the 10 dollar late fees. I have several examples of this.  

Contributor

Re: PAYMENT OF CHECKS TO COMCAST

@Imyjeanziebell wrote:

It has come to my attention that Comcast discriminates against customers who pay their bills by check.  they deliberately withhold payment for 10 business days before posting to the account.  the billing statement does not state that it takes 7 to 10 business days to post.  this is not true.  i asked for other ways to pay, and comcast refused to answer my questions.  I have a copy of the last transcript to share with anyone who would like to see what they told me.  when I asked for copies of the envelopes that the checks come in, they refused to answer my question.  when i ask for electronic payment instructions, they refuse to answer me.  

so it appears that comcast is deliberately holding check paying customers hostage so they can push the 10 dollar late fees. I have several examples of this.  

Did you mean electronic options over the phone? If so, this might help:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/pay-your-bill-using-ivr

Here are other options:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/self-service-bill

I agree, they do take a long time to process checks. Years ago I switched to using my visa debit card online instead (same as a check basically because comes from same bank account, just processes at the time of payment).

Although now I just have autopay directly to my cc and pay the cc at end of month and get the cc rewards.

Also, I believe you get a $5 discount/xfinity statment credit for signing up for ecobill & autopay, but not 100% sure if it depends on what type of services/plan you have.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation