Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Overpriced and correct prices hidden, I cannot have "normal" price, must pay more?

ANSWERED
Contributor

Overpriced and correct prices hidden, I cannot have "normal" price, must pay more?

Some years ago I signed up for 105/20 (labeled HSD extreme) and pay a whopping $114/mo.  But it worked nicely and I felt satisfied.   Over time that seemed increasingly expensive as other pricing fell, and I kept looking for alternatives - none to be seen (well, other than gig which is too much).  Here is what I see if I look for upgrades under my account (first shot below). Notice (other than gig) nothing over 75mbs.  

So a couple days ago I tried going in as a new customer, put in my street address -- nope, it knew it was me, same display.

So I made up a street address, halfway between me and my next door neighbor -- imagine my surprise to see a $75/mo 150mbs or $65 with one year commitment. The fine print says "new residential customers only" but ok, the fine print also says (3rd shot) $89 is the normal price.

So I'm paying $25 more for 40mbs less speed than a "normal" price offering, that if I use my own account to look they hide from me?

So I call -- and am told "we do not match our own offers on existing accounts". I explained I would take the "normal" price but was refused, and told to call back next month as we "may be offering to match prices then". 

Up until now I was a pretty happy Comcast customer. Service was fast and reliable, expensive but reliable.  No limits -- oh, wait... while I was researching this I stumbled onto a new meter. I found I now have a 1TB limit.  Wonder why I didn't get notice (bet I did, some fine print on an electronic bill I never read -- aren't paperless bills great, no one reads them, the legal stuff must love what they can slip in).  Fortunately had not hit it.  But now I feel like I'm doubly mistreated -- on the (almost) top tier plan, over pay, getting less speed, and being told "no, you are an existing customer, keep getting gouged". 

Is this correct?   Did I just get a mis-informed rep?  Has anyone else stumbled onto paying more than "normal" price (not promos) and been refused to be changed?   Please note I did not ask (though I should be due) to be retroactively changed, or any rebate for past excess.  I just wanted to change THEN to the NORMAL price.

Please -- anyone from Comcast know if this is really policy? 

It's clearly PROGRAMED INTO THE ACCOUNT PAGE to suppress the display so you do not easily find out!

Linwood

i-vP8PkSC-L

i-FnkpX65-Li-ZG4Svtq

Accepted Solution

Re: Overpriced and correct prices hidden, I cannot have "normal" price, must pay more?

Glad we were able to get you into the speed, package, and service you were looking for. If you have any further questions about any other topics, please feel free to create a new post. 

Thank you for choosing Comcast! 

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Overpriced and correct prices hidden, I cannot have "normal" price, must pay more?

Hello LinwoodFerguson. What you have seen when shopping on our website and proved in your photos is correct. We offer new customers an introductory promotional discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. We have many satisfied customers paying the Everyday Price for our products and services. We apologize for any miscommunication regarding this. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

please read more carefully.

I am not objecting to paying the "regular" price.  The "regular" price is still $25+ more than I am paying now for slower service.

Why can I not pay the "regular" price today?

Official Employee

Our prices and promotions may vary from what is posted on our website and depending upon your location. As posted in fine print, prices are subject to change. I would need to access your account in order to confirm what the regular rate is for your internet service. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

I will send a PM with the details, but to be clear, I did a search not under my account but with an address on my block that did not have an account, and yes there are promotions, but under the promotions the "regular" price (as I show in the above screen shots) is a lot cheaper than what I am paying. 

That is my complaint.  I get that you entice new customers with lower prices.  Not happy, but I get it, I understand, not even complaing.

But if the REGULAR price is $89, and I'm paying $114, I think that is unfair.  Especially since I get less speed.

Official Employee

Glad we were able to get you into the speed, package, and service you were looking for. If you have any further questions about any other topics, please feel free to create a new post. 

Thank you for choosing Comcast! 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation