members

online now

discussions

Overbilled

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Please please help me! I've been using Comcast for the last 3 years (in Florida and Illinois) without any issues whatsoever. I recently moved into a new apartment and requested that my service gets transferred to my new address from my old location. The rep on the phone said I could keep my same service, which is Blast! for 39.99 (a special I received when I first moved to Chicago). Simple as that. I opted to do self-install, like I always have, and have never had an issue. 

When I moved in, I hooked up the modem and I wasn't receiving internet service. I called tech support who walked me through the usual "restart it...yadda yadda" with no success. The rep said that Comcast would have to send out a service rep to repair the problem (something on Comcast's end, not mine). I was promised that it would not cost me a dime to have the service tech come out as it wasn't an issue on my end. The tech came out, spent about an hour outside fixing the issue and then came in to make sure it was functioning. It was, and so he sipped down an iced tea that I had offered him (it was a million degrees out) and he was on his way.
This month I received my first bill and was expecting the usual 39.99. Instead, I was shocked to see the amount of 149.29! Nearly FOUR months worth of internet service, which is already something I struggle to afford every month. I was billed $41.16 for a previous balance, even though I had paid last months bill. I was charged another $9.34 for a balance transfer, even though the rep ASSURED me that I would just be continuing service w/o interruption so there would be no charge for moving. I was billed $79.95 for my "regular monthly charges", which I was promised would be rated at my previous rate of $39.99. And to top it all off - a $60.00 service charge even though I was promised I wouldn't be charged for having a tech come out. Again, this was an issue with the service - not a "failure to install" on my end.

Can somebody please help me out with this? It's so frustrating dealing with people who make empty promises over the phone and don't hold up to them. I would have never continued with this service had I have known. I have no idea how I'm going to pay this bill. 

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi shanelamay. I can help look into your billing concerns. In regards to the SIk, when you were billed, more than it was because the tech had to come out to activate outlets at the premise or because you did not have the Service Protection Plan on the account. I am more than happy to confirm exactly what happened though. 

Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon