Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Overbilled for 2 years when I upgraded package

Frequent Visitor

Overbilled for 2 years when I upgraded package

In July 2015 I upgraded my Comcast package from Premier to Complete.  At that time I had 2 HD tv boxes, and paid $9.95 for one of them.  With the complete package, up to 3 HD boxes are free, aslong with the DVR box.  My July 15 2015 statement says that I was credited $9.95 for the 2nd box, themn charged $9.95 per month for an additional box.  There was no reason to dispute this bill; it is very difficult to understand what Comcast is billing for, and I DID have a 2nd box (even though according to the package it's supposed to be free).  In November 2017 I received a pro-rated credit for tghe 2nd box.  When I called to ask what the credit was for (I was afraid Comcast had shut off the box), I was told I had been overbilled $9.95 per month for 28 months.  I was also told that they would only refund 120 days, since it was Comcast's policy not to reund anythig that hjad not been disputed beyond that time.  I opened a dispute ticket,  which was closed with that reasoning.  I went to my local Comcast center, and was told the same thing, AND that they did not know how to escalate the problem.  Basically, comcast has stolen about $240 from me ($$9.95 x 28 months - $9.95 fr 120 days).  Can anyone tell me how to resolve thios problem with someone higher up than a supervisor (or do I need to go to the local TV station or small claims court)? 

Admin1

Re: Overbilled for 2 years when I upgraded package

Hi elkman3 -- I can help get you answers about these adjustments. I wasn't able to pull statements from that far back to verify your charges so I have sent your account to a local executive team who can obtain them. They will get in contact with you to go over these charges and come to a resolution. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Service Expert

elkman3 wrote:

In July 2015 I upgraded my Comcast package from Premier to Complete.  At that time I had 2 HD tv boxes, and paid $9.95 for one of them.  With the complete package, up to 3 HD boxes are free, aslong with the DVR box.  My July 15 2015 statement says that I was credited $9.95 for the 2nd box, themn charged $9.95 per month for an additional box.  There was no reason to dispute this bill; it is very difficult to understand what Comcast is billing for, and I DID have a 2nd box (even though according to the package it's supposed to be free).  In November 2017 I received a pro-rated credit for tghe 2nd box.  When I called to ask what the credit was for (I was afraid Comcast had shut off the box), I was told I had been overbilled $9.95 per month for 28 months.  I was also told that they would only refund 120 days, since it was Comcast's policy not to reund anythig that hjad not been disputed beyond that time.  I opened a dispute ticket,  which was closed with that reasoning.  I went to my local Comcast center, and was told the same thing, AND that they did not know how to escalate the problem.  Basically, comcast has stolen about $240 from me ($$9.95 x 28 months - $9.95 fr 120 days).  Can anyone tell me how to resolve thios problem with someone higher up than a supervisor (or do I need to go to the local TV station or small claims court)? 

There is an Arbitration clause in your Terms of Service, so going to small claims court probably isn't going to help you much.

Comcast's policy was stated to you clearly.  They will only refund you for 120 days unless you had disputed with them early on after that time.  You probably should have asked for an explanation of fees shortly after you changed your package in July 2015.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

going to one of the local TV station troubleshooters might help, if Comcast doesn't want the publicity.  That arbitration clause is a lot of nonsense.  How would you feel if I ran a business, overcharged you for 3 years; you discover it, wnat a refund. ans I say too bad.  If there was another game in town (actually there is), you'd take your business elsewhere.

Frequent Visitor

I do have all of my statements if you or anyone else needs to see them.

Gold Problem Solver

Again wrote: ... There is an Arbitration clause in your Terms of Service, so going to small claims court probably isn't going to help you much. ...

That overlooks the provisions of "Customer Agreement for Residential Services" paragraph 13.f, which says:

Right to Sue in Small Claims Court: Notwithstanding anything in this Arbitration Provision to the contrary, either you or we may elect to have an action heard in a small claims court in the area where you receive(d) Service(s) from us if the claim is not aggregated with the claim of any other person and if the amount in controversy is properly within the jurisdiction of the small claims court.

See https://www.xfinity.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation