Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

One bill ruined my credit score

New Poster

One bill ruined my credit score

Hello,

I am feeling very angry about how my account was closed last spring when I moved.  I called to close out my account and to pay any remaining balances in April of 2017.  I did not receive further bills until receiving a note from collections in June.  I immediately paid this, and again I called comcast in the fall so I actually paid the last $100 twice, but whatever.  Now I'm applying to buy a home and because of this ONE LATE PAYMENT that was missed due to my move, I am greatly limited in my first-home buying.  What can be done about this?  I paid every month on time while I was an xfinity customer.  Please respond to me with what action can be taken to remove the deliquent information from my credit score.  This has a very large effect on the trajectory of my life and housing situation and that is unacceptable.  ONE LATE PAYMENT.  THAT I HAVE NOW PAID.  TWICE.

The rest of my credit history is impeccable.  What will you do to fix this?

Official Employee

Re: One bill ruined my credit score

Hello ktmobrien. I can assist with reviewing your closed account's final billing, and go over the options we have to help you. To begin, please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your closed account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation