Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

New Poster

Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

This is my experience with comcast.

I was doing internet speed test but the speed was much slower than the xfinity should be able to provide.

Then I had a chat with one of the representatives. He kept asking me if i want to start trial their Instant TV while resetting my modem on his end.

The problem was not solved, and he offered me a free tech visit to my appartment to checkout what is going on and not even a word he mentioned about expense. I trusted him and didn't save the chating transcript(my bad). This conversation happened one month ago.

The tech people came on schedule and pointed out it was my router's problem. I was advised to visit their store and get another router. The whole process took around a minute. 

Today, I got a bill for $70 for that tech visit, so I contacted xfinity's representative again. She was nice but not able to pull the chat history from last month. She offered me $20 credit... 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation