New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

New Poster

Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

This is my experience with comcast.

I was doing internet speed test but the speed was much slower than the xfinity should be able to provide.

Then I had a chat with one of the representatives. He kept asking me if i want to start trial their Instant TV while resetting my modem on his end.

The problem was not solved, and he offered me a free tech visit to my appartment to checkout what is going on and not even a word he mentioned about expense. I trusted him and didn't save the chating transcript(my bad). This conversation happened one month ago.

The tech people came on schedule and pointed out it was my router's problem. I was advised to visit their store and get another router. The whole process took around a minute. 

Today, I got a bill for $70 for that tech visit, so I contacted xfinity's representative again. She was nice but not able to pull the chat history from last month. She offered me $20 credit... 

Official Employee

Re: Offered a free tech visit from chat representative but charged me $70 later

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon