Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Obtaining copy of term agreement contract

Regular Visitor

Obtaining copy of term agreement contract

I renewed a 2-year agreement on 03 May 2017 and was told by representative that I would receive a copy of the agreement after completing the 3rd-party verification process. Not only did I never received a copy of the contract agreement via email, I have made attempts in chat and by phone with several representatives, none of whom are able to give me a copy of the contract I agreed to for review.  Moreover, I was directed to the My Account - Setting - Legal Documents & Contract area of wesite, where Comcast Rep said they would update my page to include the contract; this never happened and it's not there.  Why is it seemingly impossible to get a copy of the contract which I agreed to in advance for review and my records?

Official Employee

Re: Obtaining copy of term agreement contract

Hi rlmathis! I understand this can be frustrating. Since your contract is a legal document, unfortunately, we cannot send a copy of the document over the internet. Please follow this link to see if you can access a copy. If you still have issues, please let me know.  

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I never got an e-mail from them either.  Have you had any progress with this?

Official Employee

Were you able to follow the link above to fill in the information and see if you can access your copy. I cannot print and send nor copy and past the legal document online as it would be a breach of privacy. Please click here and enter your account information to gain access to your contract. Otherwise the only other way to access it would be by logging into your account online, click My Account - Setting - Legal Documents & Contracts.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

Yes, the link provided by "ComcastChe" does work to view the agreement. You have to put in 

some account info., but it will bring up a copy of your contract as if you reviewing it to go through

the agreement process at the beginning of your term. I just saved it as a PDF and canceled out

of the page thereafter.  

Regular Visitor

ComcastChe:  Yes, thank you.  Note that the rep in loyalty/retention department doesn't provide this link upon or after going through

phone agreement process with 3rd party service, nor is any other mean of obtaining it disclosed.  I will also repeat from my original

post that I cannot see the Contract within my account at the location you provide!  In the Legal Agreements & Contract section, there

are only 4 "User Level Agreements" such as E911 and basic Terms of Service; the Contract is NOT available anywhere on that page.

Official Employee

Thanks for that update, rlmathis. I'm following up for Che. You should also be able to view your current agreement/terms of service via MyAccount. Have you tried that avenue as well? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Regular Visitor

The last sentence in my last post adresses that as a NO.  That's been my whole point all along:

that I cannot see anywhere with MyAccount section of your website an evident link to my new

Agreement (only 4 old terms of service links), certainly not under "Legal Agreements & Contract"

where it's expected. 

Official Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @rlmathis. Can you please send me a private message with the username you are using when you are signing in - and you cannot see the agreement? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

It's impossible because they may not be willing to provide the contract unless they feel it serves their best interests instead of yours. I recently learned that a Comcast Twitter rep enrolled my account in a 2 year agreement without telling me that the terms would change after the first year. Luckily the entire exchange was in writing and eventually an escalated response agent assisted me after I filed a complaint with the cable TV regulator in my state.

In my experience, Comcast regularly behaves unethically by failing to honor what they agree to and/or changing prices whenever they see fit regardless of what you agreed to. I'd recommend filing a complaint with your state's cable regulator and the better business bureau if you have no choice but to continue doing business with this company.