Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Not happy

New Poster

Not happy

Every time I realize that i paid 800 plus dollars in 2016-2017 for extra channels i didn’t even watch makes me want to cry. It was my fault that i forgot to cancel the hbo & other channels included free for a limited time when i entered into a contract with comcast. I should have not enrolled in automatic payments, because by having done so, i forgot to cancel those channels, i’m not even interested in! It’s wasting your hard-earned money because you fell into the trap of the business of life! I could have saved the money for a nice little vacation for my family, or used it to pay extra payments for my mortgage! Lesson learned! never ever sign up in a plan with free channels for a limited time when you are a busy working mother! I will just wait for my contract with Xfinity to end and then cut cable fees permanently. Local channels are enough and then purchase just the internet! I’m not expecting to get my money back, because it was my fault. i’m just saying my frustration for not being wise enough.

one last thing, when is my contract ending with you guys?

Sent from XFINITY Connect App
Frequent Visitor

Re: Not happy

Good for you for speaking up...but, you know even if you had remembered to cancel those free channels Comcast would have used another one its ploys to take your money. Its how they do business. There is always an increase in fees and charges, to go along with the double billing. How can you provide a signal at one cost and charge a broadcast fee at the same time if that's not double billing. Comcast maintains it can increase costs outside of the package you've signed a contract for at any time it chooses...how is that possible if you have a set contract? Do they tell you that? No. They only tell you if and when you question the overcharging and want to know why. My advise is to change service providers, file a complaint with the State's Consumer Protection Division and request that the State begin a class action lawsuit on behalf of all the customers Comcast has decided to bamboozle. Individually they don't care about you. Collectively, well, its time to try that. The costs of cable is high, not just for tv but also for internet access. Neither can any longer be considered vehicles of entertainment when almost every business you do business with ask you to do it online. We're being hustled big time.
New Poster

i couldn’t agree more. thanks for your input and advice.
Official Employee

momOf2kids24-- Is there anything I can assist you with? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation