Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

New payment extension policy

New Poster

New payment extension policy

Hi, I've always been able to call on the day a payment is due to extend the date up to 10 days. I've done this every month for over a year because my first bill was messed up and it put me a month behind. Today I was calling to set up a payment extension date per usual and was told it cannot be done anymore. Is this accurate? Is there anyway around this so I don't have services interrupted for the next week? Or should I cancel and get Verizon?
Service Expert

Re: New payment extension policy

@tmr138269 wrote:
Hi, I've always been able to call on the day a payment is due to extend the date up to 10 days. I've done this every month for over a year because my first bill was messed up and it put me a month behind. Today I was calling to set up a payment extension date per usual and was told it cannot be done anymore. Is this accurate? Is there anyway around this so I don't have services interrupted for the next week? Or should I cancel and get Verizon?

A payment extension is not meant to go on indefinitely month-to-month; it is something temporary for an extraordinary situation and is usually a one time deal.  At this point in time you should be caught up, current with your bill, and paying on time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I also had this problem. and it is CRAZY! that noone can help anymore. and I am not eligible because one time i was $3.00 short on arraingment i made . I had wrong amount that was due. $3 thats it. now i cant get a arraingment and noone will help! THEY SAY THEY CANT! THEY WILL LOOSE ALOT OF CUSTOMERS INCLUDING ME!

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem.  After about 6 on time payments I became eligible for payment arrangements again.  The key is to pay the exact amount by the day that the arrangement is set for.  Any hiccups and you become ineligible for another arrangement for 6 months.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation