Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New customers seem to be valued more than long-time customers

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)

New customers seem to be valued more than long-time customers

I am an existing customer and have been a Comcast subscriber ever since broadband first came to my area almost 20 years ago. My bill seems to continue to go up, often several times per year, even as technology progresses making it cheaper to utilize the services I subscribe to. However, a new customer is able to subscribe to a better plan than I currently have (better meaning more TV channels, the X1 platform, faster internet speed, etc.) and it's cheaper per month for them to do so. Existing customers like myself deserve to have those better plans at those cheaper prices. Over the past year, my bill has gone up at least $30 for the same plan and equipment. Also, I was having internet issues in September 2016 and a service tech was sent out. This tech replaced 2 outside wires and my service improved dramatically, yet I was still charged a $50 service call fee. That should cost me nothing as it was an outside line issue and cannot use the service I pay for without it being delivered to my house without issue. I am getting to the point to where I will be content with getting 140 HD channels with an OTA antenna and other programming via an Amazon Fire TV Stick using Kodi. There are so many options out there yet I've been loyal all these years to Comcast. Being rewarded for that loyalty would be amazing.
3 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 2 of 4 (87 Views)

Re: New customers seem to be valued more than long-time customers

Hello T_house,

I certainly understand your concern over the pricing that you are receiving. New customer deals are offered to new customers at the point of signing up for service. As such, most representatives that you speak to would not have access to that deals in particular. If you would like, I would be happy to look into potential promotional offers.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

I would love to hear what my options are. Hopefully there are some options that are beneficial to existing customers like myself.
Posted by
Official Employee Digital Care

Message 4 of 4 (48 Views)

I have a availability for the same service that you currently subscribe to for a price of $124.99 bundled. When you add on the extras, such as speed increase and equipment, it would come to a price of $166.99. If this is acceptable for you please let me know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon