New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

New customers seem to be valued more than long-time customers

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 14
I am an existing customer and have been a Comcast subscriber ever since broadband first came to my area almost 20 years ago. My bill seems to continue to go up, often several times per year, even as technology progresses making it cheaper to utilize the services I subscribe to. However, a new customer is able to subscribe to a better plan than I currently have (better meaning more TV channels, the X1 platform, faster internet speed, etc.) and it's cheaper per month for them to do so. Existing customers like myself deserve to have those better plans at those cheaper prices. Over the past year, my bill has gone up at least $30 for the same plan and equipment. Also, I was having internet issues in September 2016 and a service tech was sent out. This tech replaced 2 outside wires and my service improved dramatically, yet I was still charged a $50 service call fee. That should cost me nothing as it was an outside line issue and cannot use the service I pay for without it being delivered to my house without issue. I am getting to the point to where I will be content with getting 140 HD channels with an OTA antenna and other programming via an Amazon Fire TV Stick using Kodi. There are so many options out there yet I've been loyal all these years to Comcast. Being rewarded for that loyalty would be amazing.
13 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 14

Hello T_house,

I certainly understand your concern over the pricing that you are receiving. New customer deals are offered to new customers at the point of signing up for service. As such, most representatives that you speak to would not have access to that deals in particular. If you would like, I would be happy to look into potential promotional offers.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 3 of 14
I would love to hear what my options are. Hopefully there are some options that are beneficial to existing customers like myself.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 14

I have a availability for the same service that you currently subscribe to for a price of $124.99 bundled. When you add on the extras, such as speed increase and equipment, it would come to a price of $166.99. If this is acceptable for you please let me know.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 14
Actually that sounds like a decent deal but I do have a question or two. Now my internet speed increase is currently free on my account due to a promotion. That bumped my speed from 75 to 105 Mbps. Do you have a way to bump my internet speed to 150 Mbps while keeping my cost close to what you've quoted me?
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 14
Also, from time to time I receive promotional​ offers to upgrade to the X1 platform but there was seemingly always a catch to the promotion such as fees to upgrade or whatnot. I would not be opposed to upgrading to the X1 platform if I can do so without any fees related to installation and the monthly fees do not exceed the fees I currently incur with the equipment I currently have. Does that make sense? I was trying to explain the situation without rambling. Again, thanks for your help.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 14

T-house,

I apologize for the delay, I have been out of the office. Upon review, the price point that I gave you includes the 150 mb/s. I could upgrade you to the X1 system, and your monthly rate would remain the same. The only fee that you may incur would be a small shipping fee to have the equipment sent to you. You could pick up the new equipment at your local service center to avoid this charge. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 14
I could most definitely pick up any new equipment at a local Xfinity store and return any equipment I have to that same store that is no longer needed. As long as I continue to receive at least the same tv channels and am upgraded in Internet speed and equipment at the price you've quoted, I am perfectly happy with that.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 14
Solution

Hello,

I have placed a pending order on your account for the deal that we have discussed. All you need to do is swap out your current cable box at the service center. They will add the new equipment to your account, and close out the order.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 14

I have an issue similar to this one.  Due to all the price increases, I would like to downgrade from preferred triple play to starter double play - with TV and internet.  I would like to possilby upgrade my speed to 150 Mbps or 300, and as well upgrade my 2nd converter to HD.  I can't find any helpful pricing information - I do know that new customers are offered better deals than loyal customers - but it would be great to see some form of pricing options online.  I absolutely need to pay less per month than I will be next cycle with the pay increases, but I am open to a variety of options....I just don't know what they are.  As well - is there any way to downgrade and upgrade online with out devoting hours over several days to being on the phone?  Thank you!

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 14

Hello cc-cc,

I would be happy to look into potential promotional rates for you. I will see what is available in your area, and then send you a private message to discuss account details.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 12 of 14

Hi and thank you so much.  Matthew is currently discussing options with me but I welcome any and all information!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 13 of 14
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 14 of 14