Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

NEVER NEVER NEVER setup ACH -- they KEEP taking my money!!!

New Poster

NEVER NEVER NEVER setup ACH -- they KEEP taking my money!!!

Just an FYI, to all out here - yes, ACH makes "auto-pay" simple and easy BUT after having service for about 16 YEARS I turned off "xfinity" (aka comcast).  I had turned off service back on August 2017 by walking into a physical office, turning in my equipment and telling them fully cancel my service!  After many questions about "why" they supposedly did this.... then a couple of months later I saw that comcast was STILL auto-debiting my checking account via ACH.  Yes, it did take me a few months to notice it between travel/family/etc..... BUT does this mean they should just keep STEALING my money?

I have now called comcast 5 different times TRYING to resolve this -- they have given me 2 different "ticket numbers" but it seems to always go to a "manager" BUT nothing ever gets done then.   Yes, they have finally stopped auto-debiting (stealing) from me BUT I am still fighting for the money back and going on 3+ months of fighting.

So yes ACH is "clean and simple" BUT provides ZERO consumer protection to us since not possible to do things like "charge backs" like we can with credit cards.... never again to ach and never again to do biz with comcast/xfinity!!!

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation