online now

discussions

Multiple problems, need help.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Hello everyone,

I have recently moved from Atlanta, GA to Salt Lake City, Utah. I have used Comcast over the last 3 years (I do NOT recall signing any contract.
when I started the service, but they insist that I did), therefore transferred my service from Atlanta to Salt Lake City. My last day of service from Comcast in Atlanta was 06/27/2017.

When making the transfer, I was told repeatedly there will NOT be an early termination fee. I was told I had an account balance of ZERO. I was also told (and also according to Comcast's website) that there WILL be service at my new address in Salt Lake City.

Unfortunately, when I moved to Salt Lake City, Comcast was unable to establish their service. After trying multiple times by multiple installation technicians, they informed me that they cannot establish service at my address as it will require a city permit to dig a tunnel to lay cables to my house. My service with Comcast at Salt Lake City was therefore never established. I called them AGAIN to make sure my balance was still ZERO.

To my surprise, they charged my credit card (without my authorization) for $131.68 on 07/17/2017.

I called Comcast asking why there was a charge, and was told this is the early termination fee, and that they will remove this charge. This charge was subsequently removed on 7/22/17 from my credit card.

I then received a BILL asking me to pay $131.68, that is due 08/17/2017. I again called Comcast, asking why there was a bill, and after explaining to Comcast my situation they've agree to look into the issue.

I then received call today while at work, from their collection agency stating they are ready to have a third party collection agency come after me to collect this bill. I informed them my situation, once again, and also told them that my bill, even if I were to pay it, is not due until 08/17/17.

I don't understand the logic behind this series of events at all. It reflects the chaos and miscommunication that exist within this company.
My hope is they do not send a collection agency after me, and that it does not reflect on my credit report.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Michael

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi Michael, 

I'd be more than happy to help with your billing concerns. In regards to the Early Termination fees, if you agreed to the service agreement over the phone or by signing it, and you were still in a contract at the time of your transfer, the charges would still be valid. It does state if you are unable to transfer your services to an area that Comcast service is available, the charges would be billed.

However, I am more than happy to look into your account, review your notes, as well as check for a contract on file for you. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon