Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Moving to an area where no comcast is avaiable.

New Poster

Moving to an area where no comcast is avaiable.

After reading numerous posts about this subject I thought I would share my experience. I moved from Florida to Washington State back in August of 2017. I called Comcast to ask if there was service available in the area I was moving. The lady on the phone told me there was. I told her I was moving in with my parents to take care of them and they had a different service provider but eventually I would move out and want to continue Comcast she said that would be no problem. Now that I have moved out into my own place I come to find that Comcast is not available so I have been paying $25 a month to continue or service that is not available in this area. I understand if I would have terminated my contract back in August it would have been a little over $110 to do that. To me it does not make sense to tell me there is service available and now I have paid over $200 for a service I have not had and now I'm told I have to pay a $60 termination fee on top of that because it is no longer available. Of course there is no record of anyone telling me that there is service available in Washington state it was convenient of them to leave that out. I fully understood the contract knowing I might have to pay termination fee I would have just paid the 110 plus dollars instead of now wasting $200. When I called on April 2nd a lady and told me they could offer me a $60 refund for it and I said I did not want that she would expedite it to a supervisor who never called me back. I then called again today and was not even mentioned that I could get $60 back but that I had to pay the $60. Of course the supervisor was continually telling me she understood when I ask her has she ever paid for something she has not even gotten she said no so therefore she does not understand. I am fully willing to pay an early termination fee I just want my extra money that I have been paying over the $100 termination fee. I have gotten nowhere so far with anyone, I really do not think anything else will come of it but I just tell people to beware of what you see on the contract and fully expect to pay what you need to pay. All I ask for is a refund of the money over the original termination fee back in August.
Official Employee

Re: Moving to an area where no comcast is avaiable.

Hi, George691 - I apologize for the miscommunication. However, let me just clarify. You moved back in August 2017 to your parents who had a different cable/internet provider; you didn't know when and where you are going to move after your parent's house (per my understanding). Did you put your services in Florida on seasonal hold? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation