Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Moving to address that isn't Comcast-ready. ETF apply?

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I bought a new home and the address is not Comcast-ready.  Comcast suggest I contact another provider that services the address.  Here is the email:

Thank you for your continued interest in our products. However, in as much as we want to continue providing you with our services, the address is not Comcast-ready yet and we do not have an estimated time as to when Comcast will be available in the area. For you to have the services that you need, we suggest that you check with other providers that are currently servicing the said address.

Does the ETF apply?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 3

Yes, see the link below.  I quess you could try and call and beg that it is not your fault since it is new construction in a Comcast area. But I wouldn't get your hopes up that they will wave the ETF.Smiley Happy 

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Early-Termination-Fees-ETF/td-p/2895117

Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 3

Hi Fjellvind -- I can help answer your question. As dwitham suggests, you would be subject to ETF's since you would be terminating service without establishing new service with us at your new location. Would you be able to share that address though please? I'd like to verify that the email you got was correct. Can you send that to me in a PM please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon