Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

More help from the online CHAT than a phone call to Comcast/Xfinity

New Poster

More help from the online CHAT than a phone call to Comcast/Xfinity

I had thought I was signed up for 'auto-pay' and was surprised to receive an email message asking for banking information. This looked suspicious so I phoned in to Comcast (a mistake), provided some ID including the last 4 digits of my SSN and got to agent. For some unknown reason, the same 4 digits were not recognized and I could not get any farther. So I gave up on that attempt since the person on the phone was unwilling to help me out. Next, I tried the online chat, explained the problem and we quickly determned that the 4 digits of my SSN  in the system were wrong. We also found that I was indeed on 'autopay' and the message asking for banking data was bogus.  It  appears that the 'chat' people are considerably more resourceful than the people on the phone lines. Maybe someone ought to look into this. Meanwhile, I suggest that users beware of email messages asking for banking information.    

Official Employee

Re: More help from the online CHAT than a phone call to Comcast/Xfinity

Hello DHK99. We apologize you experienced unhelpful service when you attempted to call in. We are glad to hear you were taken care of via chat. I will pass along this feedback for you. 

Please let me know if you need any further support. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation