Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Monthly Comcast bill is way too high now

Regular Visitor

Monthly Comcast bill is way too high now

Hi,

Our monthly Comcast internet and cable bill has gotten way too expensive for us now.  Our bills have doubled up and I cannot catch them up any longer.  Can anyone recommend another cable or satellite company that has good package deals with a fair price?  

We had Verizon reps constantly working the neighborhood here a while back and showing up at our door all the time but this was at a time Comcast gave us a great package deal price so I basically closed the door in the Verizon rep's face to get them to leave.  Now I wish that I had signed up with Verizon.  Is anyone using Verizon and if so how are their packages here in Chesterfield, VA.  Or if you are using DirecTV or Dish are their current deals better?  My sister in law says DirecTV is much better and they are paying about half what we pay but I have not checked with them yet here.

Any help and feedback would be appreciated as we need to move on from Comcast soon as I can't afford them any longer.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Monthly Comcast bill is way too high now

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Our bill is way too high to....tried the 2 year contract and that holds price for internet and cable but greedy corporate Comcast officials figure out a way to rob you blind...they raise everything else...broadcast fees and sports fees more then tripled in 2 years...equipment rental for a dvr and digital adapter boxes through the roof...just in a year by bill has gone up 25%...it is turning in to a car payment...when my contract is over 11 months....I AM DONE....my dad has dish and Comcast exploits that the dish doesn't work in bad weather..my dad lives across a street and honestly my cable has gone out more then his dish...If you Are not a gamer or download large files dish internet is not that bad...yes Comcast is the fastest but we shouldn't have to pay a kings ransom to get it...years past always specials to take advantage of...not any more they cut back on that to....maybe that is why the president of Comcast makes over 9 millions a year....many people I know are in same boat..their bills even higher then mine...I am counting the days until I am done..when you go to a Comcast store their a deaf zombies..I tell them O want to lower my bill some way and all they want to do is sell me more services and more expensive equipment....It drives me nuts!!!What can I expect we are all in Trump America where there is corporate greed everywhere!!!!...soon my Comcast bill will have a charge for my Comcast equipment charging me for air....why not there is all kinds of fees on my bill and all they do is go up and up and up....11 months to go then my dev get teed up like a football and booted out of my house.....NO MORE!!!!
Official Employee

Hi kncab, sorry you feel this way. I'd be happy to review your account to see if there's anything we can do to keep you as a customer. If you're interested, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

That is like a rat guarding the cheese..no thanks....Sorry to be so blunt...but tired of getting robbed every month...just stating facts..the countdown of when my Comcast contract is up is coming to end and it can't be soon enough...

Official Employee

Understandable. If you need any assistance in the future, feel free to reach out. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

No thanks...all that happens is that you say let me add a service ....this a merry go round....comcast holds you up without a gun...I have had it for 25 years....enough is enough...I take my digital adapters back because those started out free then 2 bucks a month then 4 ..now 6 dollars a month...that is robbery....you hold my tv's hostage if people don't pay....broadcast fees and sports fee had more then tripled....there is nothing more to discuss ...I have less then 11 months to go and I am done...even if I have to stream tv with devices....comcast is a rip off..I have read articles that people are leaving Comcast by the thousands....soon add my name to that list...if you d idnt give me the best price why are you coming at me offering me better deals....what does that say about your integrity comcast...you said when I signed up it was the best deal ever.....I can wait till my contract is over!!
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation