New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Loyalty/Retention department

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 1 of 14

I chatted with an agent about my current bill which went up suddenly without any notice. It looks like comcast just cannot get their act together to inform customers about changes to the bills. Chat with agent was really useless apart from the agent asking me to contact the customer loyalty/retention department. I tried calling the number I found but it didn't work. If this messages catches their eyes and I get response today itself then better else I am definitely kicking comcast out. I don't care if I am internet less for next few days until I get at&t or verizon.

*SHAME* on comcast for intentionally confusing your customers with these promotions.

I forgot to add that the reason I am so frustrated with comcast is that they intentionally make it so difficult for their customers and this is not the first time I have had to waste time fighting this with their customer care.

At least once, comcast CEO should really read their bill statement that they send out to customers. It correctly covers all the garbage except the relevant information it should tell customer about increase in rates for upcoming billing cycle or any clarity about existing bill.

Ironically they offer lower rate to new customer and existing customer has to suffer through this ordeal of sorting out bills. Shady business practice. No wonder why they won the worst customer service award. It amuzes me how they keep talking to press about improving their service and under the guise continue screwing customers.

13 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 14

Hello Neodeo,

I understand your concern regarding your billing increase. I have looked into this issue for you, and I have found the reason for the increase. You are currently in a promotion with a two year commitment. Starting this month, you have entered year two of the promotional rate. After year one, part of the promotional discount rolls off. The terms of the promotional discount, and the year two increase were clearly listed in the terms of the contract that was sent to your Comcast email at the time that you signed up. Please be aware that due to the commitment that you have agreed to, if  you were to disconnect your service, you would be subject to early termination fees.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 14

I was never sent any such contract. I don't know why you would send any information to something I am not being made aware of being form of communication (the so called comcast email). Still I just checked my account and there is email with any contract in that comcast email box either.

Besides, I looked around for this mysterious contract and it's a corrupted file. The comcast portal has this mysterious contract hidden somewhere on my account. i tried downloading it just now. All the copies that I downloaded, I cannot open them. pdf reader complains saying the file has been damaged.

On top of this, now I would really like to see where I was communicated about the 2 year contract. Please feel free to send me if you have any record of such communication.

One more question, why doens't your 4 page bill statement mention anything about this mystery about charges going up? Why do I have to keep begging for explanation?

Actually since you mention 2 year contract. Are you confusing premium channel 2 year contract with my regular internet/tv? Because if that is the case then I have all the documentation about it. It's only for the premium channels and not for regular internet/tv.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 14

I do apologize. Upon further review, the contractual portion of your account is for the premium channels. The TV/internet portion of your bill is not under contract. The promotion that you are in, however, does work the same way as described above. You have recently entered into year 2 if the promotion, therefore part of the discount has rolled off. This promotion information still would have been emailed to you at the time of entering into the promotion. While this portion is not under contract, the premium channel section still is. Due to this, if you were to cancel services, you would still incur an early termination fee. I can, however, look to see if we have any promotions available to lower lower your price back down. I will put together some offers for you, and then send you a private message to discuss account details. I sincerely apologize again for the mix up. Thank you for your understanding.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 14

No worries. I do not mean to vent out about the contract part. But I want to clear about my issues. All this angst is because of comcast's failure to be transparent with the customers. Actually forget about being transparent but comcast deliberately seems to be tricking customers with promotions' and contracts' spider net. It just doesn't stop. Unfortunately I don't think this is something one individual can fix for me.

However, my primary request right now is if you can retain me as a customer by tweaking around your offers when I know they are out there for new customers. But if not then I understand the consequences of breaking the premium channels contract and look for alternative. I have said this in the past too so I won't say this is the only time I am doing this. But this time I am running low on patience.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 14

I was supposed to receive a message but I haven't received anything yet.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 7 of 14

Neodeo, 

I am looking into your pricing now, and will be sending you a message momentarily. I have just returned to the office. Thank you for your patience.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 14

I have not been receing reply to private messages. Should I expect any reply? Actually it's been 2 days and I haven't heard back. This is really poor customer service.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 9 of 14

I apologize for the delay. I have not been in the office for the past two days.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 14

I thought I will update this thread in case anyone is following it. And also I don't know if I can still have access to this after I discontinue my services.

It was a waste time to wait for the representative to offer any better option. Just too much confusion and no better alternative was proposed after going back and forth for days. 

I wanted to discontinue service earlier but since the representative replied to my message I gave a second thought. But after it took so much time to figure out packages and on top of that there is whole lot of confusion. I think I am done with Comcast.

I have every reason to believe that comcast does this on purpose. Shame on Comcast they don't care about their existing customers. Also, it doesn't look like one off case. I see many people report similar problems with Comcast. No wonder Comcast has been bagging worst company awards.

https://billfixers.com/blog/21-times-comcast-worst-company-america

https://www.cnet.com/news/comcast-wins-worst-company-in-america/

I need to figure out how to stop the service now.

And yes this is *the solution*: fire Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 11 of 14

Good morning, was following your tribulations with this ridiculous customer service-impaired company.  Did someone finally get back to you or did they leave you hanging?  

I just don't understand why a customer can't pick a package that fits in with their budget, sign an contract and have that payable amount for the next two (or whatever) years.  

It seems to me that if I get penalized for breaking my contract by terminating services, then comcast should get penalized for breaking my contract by upping prices for NO APPARENT REASON.  Or hidden reasons that you failed to read on page 125 of the 300 page small type contract that is corrupted when you download it. 

I don't understand how they get away with this highway robbery.

Highlighted
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 12 of 14

@dalysT_L: The person above "ComcastElliot" contacted me through private message. I guess he/she is a Comcast employee. It took a while for the person to propose me any options. Besides the options were as confusing as it could be. Finally when I thought I would settle for one and requested it. I was told by ComcatsElliot that he/she couldn't push through. Then it was all over because that means again going back and forth to decide an option. That's what started again.

The reason I keep saying that there is every reason to believe that Comcast deliberately makes it difficult and confusing because even ComcastElliot was confused on various occassions.

The sheer fact that the option I was given couldn't even be pushed through and the person found out only after doing something to change my plan. This proves that their own staff can't seem to wrap their heads around their own packages.

The biggest pain point is that I have to go over this almost every year. I have been with Comcast for 5 years now. First year was alright and this craziness started with a surprise from second year. Which had to be sorted out. Since then it's like a yearly appraisal process at a job. I have to argue with them, they would keep telling how it is my fault to not keep track of changing charges. Many a times I had to give up because I just couldn't understand what was going on. And I would settle down by looking at the exact amount that I would pay every month and hoping that it remains the same. But surprises and this crazy process never stopped, not even a single year.

Comcast CEO and their employees should really be ashamed of themselves for working like this. When I say I am not the only one who has to suffer through this then it's not based on some random internet post. Pretty much everyone using Comcast in my social network has to go through this. I am yet to find someone who has been happy with Comcast and haven't had to do go through anything like this ever. The only reason most of us are with Comcast because there is no alternative it's a systematic ploy.

ComcastElliot immediately replied to my private message when I asked what the process is to get rid of Comcast. I appreciate the response but it sounds to me that for them getting rid of customer is easier than retaining a customer. I am sure ComcastElliot will be able to process the disconnect request in one single go as opposed to having to go back and forth on decided packages.

I think I will disconnect the services by visiting a local store. I am hoping they will not haunt me with surprise charges after I disconnect. I have read and heard of horror stories from people that even after months of disconnecting Comcast they were tortured and threatened by Comcast's recovery agents for charges which they didn't owe.

Sorry for a really long reply. But yes the rules apply to us not them. Apparently I was signed up for a premium channel package. I still have it's contract. Yes, luckily I was able to save a copy of it. The contract clearly says that I will be paying $2 a month for the package as long as I have some sort of television service from Comcast. If I terminte television services then I would have to pay penalty. Now this contract doesn't apply to Comcast and means nothing if they change my television services which were promised to me earlier.

This is exactly where I was lost with ComcastElliot. ComcastElliot would offer me a package without premium channels and tell me that I would loose my premium channels. Which I just don't understand because I have a contract for premium channels which clearly states that as long as I have television services, at least basic minimum, I will keep the premium channels. And now you are telling me that you wil take the channels even if I am retaining the television services. The contract is useless suddenly. I am not hung up on premium channels. As a matter of fact they were pushed down my throat as part of same crazy package negotiation process earlier and heaven and fairy tales were promised to me.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 13 of 14

So I was approached by two young gentlemen at a Walmart that said they could get me a better deal with my service.

I listened and liked what I heard however, I told them I didn't want any term agreement and they told me all I have to do

is contact the retention dept. 1 month before the promotion ends and tell them you want to stay with the same pricing for your service.

Well it's a month before the anniversary date of my signup so I called the retention dept. and did what these Comcast associates

told me to do and the agent told me that no they don't retain the pricing for when a promotion ends.

So this is how much you can trust a Comcast Associate out there in the field selling services.

When the price for my service spikes way up I will disconnect the service straight away and my reoccurring payment will go

to another service.

Just be honest and you will have your loyalty.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 14 of 14

Hi scmed,

I can understand why this would be frustrating. I'd like to help review your account and the options available to you to see how we can fix this. 

To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services, or the first and last name of the account holder and full account number.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.