Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Loyal, good standing customers getting taken advantage of is uncool!

New Poster

Loyal, good standing customers getting taken advantage of is uncool!

Xfinity - I called recently to downgrade my plan to a reasonably priced Double Play (Internet and Phone), but was told there is no option for double play for existing customers, and furthermore, that Internet service alone would cost me $101 per month for 25 mbps. I was offered no other options, and I was not transferred to a customer retention agent. As a result, I'm looking into satellite internet providers, since Xfinity is conveniently the only standard internet provider available for my block. I'm reporting you to the BBB and I'm appalled at this attempt to extort money from customers who have no other options - 25mbps should be $40 a month. I work from home but do not watch cable and have no need to continue paying you $150 a month. I'm sorry if that makes you angry, but that doesn't make it reasonable or a fair business practice for you to charge double the price for standalone services. 

Cable Expert

Re: Loyal, good standing customers getting taken advantage of is uncool!

@pux19 wrote:

Xfinity - I called recently to downgrade my plan to a reasonably priced Double Play (Internet and Phone), but was told there is no option for double play for existing customers, and furthermore, that Internet service alone would cost me $101 per month for 25 mbps. 

Eh no, neither of those things are accurate. You certainly can get a double play and 25 Mbps is nowhere near $101/month. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Loyal, good standing customers getting taken advantage of is uncool!

Hello pux19. We're sorry you feel that way about our prices. I can assist you with downgrading your service to a level that works for you. I can also assist with a review of lower priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation