Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lowering payment - adjusting plan

New Poster

Lowering payment - adjusting plan

Good afternoon,

Currently, we pay $75 per month for internet and basic cable.  Frankly, the internet service has been great though I can't comment on the TV (see below).  However, due to upcoming financial hardship we need to trim our monthly costs, and I am hoping that we will be able to do that here rather than cancel our account and move to DSL.  Hopefully there will be a plan available that suits our needs.

*  First, we don't need more than 30 or 40 Mbps for the low number of devices we have on our home network.

*  Second, network TV is becoming increasingly irrelevant to us, and we are not home enough to need anything beyond that.  We don't even have the Comcast equipment (digital boxes or CableCard for our HTPC) to use view cable TV.  We are currently paying for basic cable that we don't/can't use (and we have no plans to obtain the boxes necessary to do so.

If there are any plans available that would work for us, I would love to stay with Comcast, but (if there is no less expensive option available), we'll have not choice but to change ISP's.

Thanks!

Official Employee

Re: Lowering payment - adjusting plan

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation