Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Letter about XFINITY Internet/Voice Equipment Rental

Frequent Visitor

Letter about XFINITY Internet/Voice Equipment Rental

I received a letter from comcast today saying they made a mistake that they haven't been charging me for my XFINITY Internet/Voice Equipment rental. In the letter, they say the rentel fee will show up in my next billing statement in October.

I own my own modems for the past 4 years. I don't understand why Comcast all of the sudden wants to charge me for this fee. I did a google search and found many other people have received similar letters. I chatted with a Comcast representative about this and the representative assure me I won't be charged for the fee in the next billing cycle. I have the transcript. We will see if I get charged or not. If I do get charged, I have to spend time to talk to representative again for Comcast to fix their own mistake.

What happened to Comcast? Change to my bill is frustrating especially it's a wrong charge.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Letter about XFINITY Internet/Voice Equipment Rental

Is Comcast trying to scam customers?

Bronze Problem Solver

They do that.  A lot.  To almost everyone who owns their own equipment.  It's been happening the past three years with me, most recently August 7.  A lady from the Comcast Escallation Team told me that what happens is that the CSRs just delete the fee, but don't change the equipment code to Owned Modem, since that's done by a separate department.  Knowing Comcast, that might actually be true.  That's probably what's happening to you. Be sure to request, even insist, that the equipment code gets changed.  Otherwise, the next time an audit is run the system will generate another letter.

Official Employee
Moved:

Official Employee

Hello, rasberrycookie. I can help review your account for any charge for your modem and make sure the device is correctly associated with your account in our system. Please send me a private message verifying your full name, address, the phone number associated with your account, as well as the modem's make, model, MAC address, and serial number information so I can assist. To send me a private message click my name, ComcastMax, and then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I sent you a private message.