Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Letter about Self Service Discount

ANSWERED
New Poster

Letter about Self Service Discount

I received a letter that said I was currently getting a self service discount and this discount would end with my next bill if I didn't sign up for automatic payments and paperless billing.  This is the FIRST time I've heard of a "self service discount" on my account.  It was never mentioned when I signed up for my current contract.   I've already signed up for paperless billing, but I DO NOT want to do automatic payments.  Anybody else receive this letter?

I tried to call Comcast and after holding for 45 minutes I hung up.  This is a ridiculous amount of time to be put on hold.  I'm told that I'm supposed to be receiving a $10 credit for this, but I do not see a $10 credit anywhere on my bill.  Is this just a ploy to get everyone signed up for ecobilling and automatic payments?

Accepted Solution

Re: Letter about Self Service Discount

I got the same letter and, same as you, I'm signed up for eco bill and not auto pay.  I pay comcast through my online banking so it's a moot point.  The ploy is they are supposed to honor one thing, the monthty rate, but they are after $5 increase so suddenly auto pay is at the forefront - BS.  I wouldn't allow them to debit my account anyway due to frequent bill increases - even though I have 2 year agreement which I have realized is completely worthless.  I'm about to get my own equipment, but not sure about internet.  I do like Comcast internet service.  Too bad their business model has taken a downturn.

Wilson4, the monthly rate is honored by the term agreement. As an addition, if you are interested in a $5 discount, you can sign up for autopay and eco billing. The discount and the requirement for the discount are totally optional. 

KenF

View answer in context
Official Employee

Hi marshamike, 

If the promotion you are currently in came with a self service discount it would be detailed in your service agreement. Using the email address registered with the Forums, I have sent the steps of how you can access and confirm this on your end. In order to continue receiving the self-service discount you are referring to, you would have to sign up for both auto-pay and Eco Bill. If you do not wish to enroll in both services then you would lose the discount you've been receiving thus far. 

If you have anymore questions or concerns about your account please feel free to reach out in a private message. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I got the same letter and, same as you, I'm signed up for eco bill and not auto pay.  I pay comcast through my online banking so it's a moot point.  The ploy is they are supposed to honor one thing, the monthty rate, but they are after $5 increase so suddenly auto pay is at the forefront - BS.  I wouldn't allow them to debit my account anyway due to frequent bill increases - even though I have 2 year agreement which I have realized is completely worthless.  I'm about to get my own equipment, but not sure about internet.  I do like Comcast internet service.  Too bad their business model has taken a downturn.

Official Employee

Wilson4, the monthly rate is honored by the term agreement. As an addition, if you are interested in a $5 discount, you can sign up for autopay and eco billing. The discount and the requirement for the discount are totally optional. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation