Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Late fee billed prior to billing due date

Regular Visitor

Late fee billed prior to billing due date

Started new service - got a bill. Before that bill was even due on 5/31 they printed a second bill on 5/25 that showed we had not paid the other bill and assessed a $10 late payment fee. Is anyone else seeing this? Seems illegal to bill for something not yet due. Will have to wait and see if they automatically correct the issue in the next bill. My business sets up dozens of residential accounts for summer housing and it is a lot of money to get a bill for but not an amount I actually owe. The lawyers located in my office building are very interested in this set of bills. Mail fraud is a pretty serious issue when you knowingly send bills out for payments you are not owed is pretty cut and dried. Now that I have paid it, I have been harmed and qualify as a plaintiff having suffered the harm. Tried talking to several account reps and they could not answer the question either and gave me the run around. 

Official Employee

Re: Late fee billed prior to billing due date

Drtpaper, I'd like to assist with your billing concerns. From what you stated, you shouldn't have been charged a late fee for an account that isn't even 60 days old. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Late fee billed prior to billing due date

Drtpaper, I've sent you an email address to reach out to regarding your billing concerns. Because your account is a corporate housing, it is handled by a specific team in Comcast when it regards billing issues. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation