Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Last four of SSN is incorrect

New Poster

Last four of SSN is incorrect

I have been a Comcast customer for many many years. Called in today and they told me the last four of my social is incorrect. I have never had this problem before.    They would not let me verify my account any other way. I would like to add Internet to my account. Also I’m being charged incorrectly for an extra box.    They told me I had to go to a service center, which for me typically has a 2 to 3 hour wait. That is no exaggeration. This is ridiculous that there is no other way to figure out what the problem is. I don’t understand why there has been no issue for 20 years, but suddenly there is an issue 

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Last four of SSN is incorrect

Sorry, the only known fix is to wait 2 or 3 hours at a service center with all of your ID's.

Official Employee

Re: Last four of SSN is incorrect

Hi Cas85,

I'm not sure what may have happened to cause the last 4 of your social to be incorrect, but the information you received over the phone and here from barbie123 is correct. At this point to make any further changes to your account, you will need to present your state ID to a representative at a local service center. This is required to ensure that you are the actual account holder and no one else is requesting the changes to your account. Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation