Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Large difference between monthly cost for new vs 20+ year customer

New Poster

Large difference between monthly cost for new vs 20+ year customer

Why can new customers get plans for a 24 month period that are $20 to $30 per month (that is $240 to $360 per YEAR!) less expensive?  Existing customers should be able to get the same price of the same service.  Why are Broadcast and Regional Sprorts fees broken out and can increase at any time while fees for other networks (FS1, ESPN, etc) are included in the rates?  Why not let the customer opt out of local channels or even be able to select all channels a-la-chart?   To get the channels I desire to watch, probably about 20 in our household, I have to subscribe to 140 channels.

After being a customer for 25+ years at the same location I have to wonder what custoomer loyalty is worth, if anything.  My children keep showing me how easy it can be to stream shows and sports via other services...   

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Large difference between monthly cost for new vs 20+ year customer

Hi MB2Bailey,

New customers are offered lower-priced plans as an introductory rate. This promotion is provided for a limited time like the plans offered for existing customers. Like each plan that comes with a promotional discount, once those discounts roll off, it will cause your bill to increase to what we refer to as EDP or everyday pricing. 

The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that is intended to offset a portion of the costs of retransmitting broadcast television signals, and the Regional Sports Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of broadcasting multiple regional sports networks to our standard video services. Our digital channel lineups include a variety of programming that appeals broadly to our customers' interests, including general entertainment, news and sports programming. Under the current distribution model, we offer these very popular regional sports networks on our most widely distributed levels of service, and this fee covers a small portion of our costs to carry these increasingly expensive channels.

I'd be more than happy to review the current offers in your area to see if we have something that would lower your rate again. Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I agree. Check out Roku. I've hard it has the best interfacing with the users tv. My daughter has Chrome Cast. She's very happy with it. I am sick of paying 258./ mo. for something that used to be free. Agents are unable to itemize my costs that are in addition to my 139./mo. plan.

Official Employee

Hello @Willow0783. If you are unhappy with your billing rates, I can assist with a review of your account to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation