Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Keep being charged for modem I own

Regular Visitor

Keep being charged for modem I own

After reading numerous other posts I realize now I am not alone.  In September 2017 I purchased my own Cisco modem and returned my Comcast Cisco (same model) modem to the local Xfinity store (have receipt for the purchased modem and the returned modem).  Not long after I received my monthly bill and Comcast charged me for model rental.  I used the Chat resource to explain the situation and was credited for that month.  The next month the same thing happened.  Needless-to-say this has gone on since September.  At one point over the holidays I even brought my purchase receipt into the local Xfinity store (upon being asked to do this by the Chat customer service team).  They assured me this would fix it.  They noted this on my account and changed the modem from "rented" to "owned".  Fast forward, I get another model rental charge.  Called customer service and spoke to a nice lady (they've all been nice but can't fix the problem) who spent about a week investigating only to get back to me and tell me her Investigative team says Comcast owns the modem.  I told her to provide me with paper documentation to show this because I have a receipt showing I own it.  After reading many different forums (comcast and otherwise) I realize this is a BIG problem at Comcast and one they don't seem to own.  For $11/month they are about to lose $750-$1,000/yr of my business.  

Official Employee

Re: Keep being charged for modem I own

Hello, I would like to assist you with this issue from here. Can you provide the full name on the account and phone number or account number? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation