Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Is Comcast defrauding me? Help needed

New Poster

Is Comcast defrauding me? Help needed

I have been a long time Comcast customer. I bought a new house and transferred my internet service to it. Somehow, Comcast messed up and entered the wrong street address number for my account. They entered a 34 instead of a 32. The account was set up in July 2017. 

One day in January 2018, I came home to no internet. I called Comcast support. They informed me that my service had been terminated because I had put in a request to terminate my service at 34 xxxx Ave. I told them I have no idea what they're talking about. They asked for my address and I explained that my address is 32 xxxx Ave. and that Comcast had entered the a slightly different address incorrectly when they set up my account. Sorry, they said. Do I want to have service installed at the correct address, they said. I answered that of course I did and if they would just go ahead and turn it back on that would be good. 

They then informed me that the "special" internet deal I had previously received was no longer available and the best deal they now had was $15 more per month. Obviously this infuriated me but they didn't care at all. If I didn't like it, they just wouldn't turn my internet back on. Whatever, I agreed to it.

Today, I get a back from Comcast that my bill is past due and they have shut off my internet. Huh? I paid you this month. I pulled up my account while I was on the phone. The lady was beyond rude, kept interrupting me and saying her information was much more correct than what was online. I finally got her to shut up for a second and read her my account number. She told me that it wasn't my account number. It was. She read me my account number - apparently they created a new one. I said, well what did I just pay on this old account that was $60? She said, that was your penalty for cancelling your other service early!!!! What!!?! I didn't cancel it. You messed up and put the wrong number and in the process of fixing your own mistake a) turned off my internet b) invalidated my previous pricing and increased my monthly price c) set up a new account without telling me or giving me a way to acccess it d) charged me a $60 cancellation fee d) and harassed me for payment on this new account I have no access to while I continue to pay for my service on an old account that I have had for years.

And the rudeness was unbelievable. I'll transfer you, she said. Waited 11 minutes for someone to come online again before hanging up. I'm hoping this messages reaches someone there that has any idea how to treat a customer that has been a perfect paying customer for probably 15 years. 

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation