online now

discussions

Internet Speed not upgraded

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Internet Speed not upgraded

Hello,

I recently ordered a new speed increase to my interent but when I check in the "My Plan" section of my account, it states I will be recieving the same internet speed I currently have now.  Is this a mistake?  When I submitted the order, it clearly stated Performance Pro 100mbps at $49.99.  However, when i check "My Plan" it has it as 25mbps.  Can you please verify which speed I am going to get?  If it is the lower speed, I would just like to cancel since this is clearly a bate and switch.

I have attached some photos for your convenience.  Please let me know if you any further information.  Thank you for your reply.

Accepted Solution

Re: Internet Speed not upgraded

I had to figure this out on my own.
View answer in context
Problem Solver

Hello Chi2,

I apologize for the confusion. I can confirm that you are receiving the Performance Pro internet package. When your new bill prints, you will be able to see a line item, named "Speed Increase Performance Pro". Please let me know if you need help with anything else.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your reply Curtis.

Can you please confirm the new speed (in Mbps) and the price it will be monthly?

Problem Solver

Hello Chi2,

ComcastCurtiss is out of the office today, but I will be happy to assist you in his stead. I can confirm that you will be receiving the Performance Pro speed tier, which is 100 Mbps download/ 5 upload. The monthly rate for this is $49.99.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

I just checked and I am still receiving 30Mbps capped download and 5 capped upload.  They also already billed me for the speed increase.  Why is the speed increase not implemented when I am already billed for it?  When is the speed increase suppose to happen?

Thank you for the reply

Frequent Visitor

Hello?

I am still receiving a 30mbps down and 5 mbps up capped speed that is no where close to the 100 mbps download that I am being billed.  Now I have to pay a bill that includes a speed increase that I am definitely not receiving.

I have the ARRIS SB6141 modem which can definitely handle the 100mbps speed increase.

What is going on here?!

Frequent Visitor

I just had to pay for a bill, with a speed increase charge that I never got, since it is due and I did not want a late charge.  Will I get any kind of reimbursement for something I never got?  Will I ever get my speed increase?

Hello?

Frequent Visitor

I had to figure this out on my own.
Contributor

I'm getting a new Arris modem on Wednesday with a faster router.  I'm concerned about not getting the speed I should be getting.  Can you share how you figured it out on your own?  Thanks in advance.

Regular Visitor

This is the great speed I got after upgrading my Blast to the 150 download speed. They get paid, I get nothing but counted as using more data. Yay xfinity.

Speedtest
18.22 down
13.2 upload

xfinity speedtest
18.15 down
12.34 up

Regular Visitor

Same here:

Speedtest
18.22 down
13.2 upload