Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Increased bill

ANSWERED
New Poster

Increased bill

I signed a two year contract last year to lock in a rate of $126 a month. I asked the person several times to make sure my bill would not increase in that time and I was assured repeatedly that it would stay. Last month my bill increased $40. I called to find out why and was told that this was due to the free equipment being only a one year promotion that I was never told about. The person I spoke to said that they would wave the fee for that month and so I paid my bill minus the fee as the employee told me too. This month the bill came with the $40 fee from last month added to it and a $10 late fee added. I’ve called two time sense to get it removed and each time I’m told it will be removed and it is still there. I want the extra fees removed and my initial promised rate to be restored. I’ve filed a complaint with the FCC and I am currently searching other providers. There are too many options out there now to deal with this terrible customer service and a company that doesn’t uphold what it’s employees tell their customers.
Accepted Solution

Re: Increased bill

@Maryliz02 wrote:
I signed a two year contract last year to lock in a rate of $126 a month. I asked the person several times to make sure my bill would not increase in that time and I was assured repeatedly that it would stay. Last month my bill increased $40. I called to find out why and was told that this was due to the free equipment being only a one year promotion that I was never told about. The person I spoke to said that they would wave the fee for that month and so I paid my bill minus the fee as the employee told me too. This month the bill came with the $40 fee from last month added to it and a $10 late fee added. I’ve called two time sense to get it removed and each time I’m told it will be removed and it is still there. I want the extra fees removed and my initial promised rate to be restored. I’ve filed a complaint with the FCC and I am currently searching other providers. There are too many options out there now to deal with this terrible customer service and a company that doesn’t uphold what it’s employees tell their customers.

Since you filed a complaint with the FCC there isn't anything anyone here can do for you.  You will need to wait until you hear from an agent.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: Increased bill

@Maryliz02 wrote:

Since you filed a complaint with the FCC there isn't anything anyone here can do for you.  You will need to wait until you hear from an agent.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation