Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

My Quoted Xfinity Plan.PNGNew Bill.PNGIt really feels like a slap in the face when you humor the random xfinity solicitation phone call and come away agreeing to pay for a more expensive service (and sign a 24-month agreement) because you've been satisfied with the product, only to have that loyalty reciprocated with terrible shady tactics like this.

As can be seen from my quote, my bill should total $140.58, with a Broadcast TV Fee of $7.50, and a Regional Sports Fee of $4.50.

Despite my OFFICIAL, LISTED ON ACCOUNT, QUOTED PRICE, my new bill is costing me around $16 more than that due to an unbelievable $14.51 Broadcast TV Fee, and a $8.70 Regional Sports Fee. Twice what I was officially quoted. This is truly disappointing behavior.

Is this Comcast's standard practice for people who lock themselves into 2 year contracts with you?

EDIT: After speaking with an employee, it was made clear to be that this increase is due to prorating those fees. Thank you!

Accepted Solution

Re: I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

Hello smince. I can assist with reviewing these additional fees you were billed for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

View answer in context
Frequent Visitor

Re: I was charged twice ($23) what I was quoted on Regional/Broadcast fees. I have screenshots.

An explanation would be much appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

It appears only the poster, and I assume Xfinity staff can see pictures posted. 

I expect an explanation to my original post.

Cable Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Excellent. Thank you nerdburg.

Official Employee

Hello smince. I can assist with reviewing these additional fees you were billed for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation