Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

I need Fax # for high risk department! Comcast took my money & cancelled my order!

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

I need Fax # for high risk department! Comcast took my money & cancelled my order!

I ordered Comcast internet w/ automatic payments online a week and a half ago. They took my order & my money, but cancelled my order & then shipped my equipment. I installed the equipment, but it never worked since my order was "cancelled." I was told by my local office that there was a previous past due bill at my address & even tho it wasn't me, I had to either pay it or prove that I didn't live here when the debt occurred. I was told there was only one person in all of Comcast that could help me, Mr. Woody Green. The lady gave me his #, but it was incorrect. Luckily Woody had left me a voicemail with his correct #. I called him numerous times & left numerous messages without a return phone call. Some of the messages I left were on the weekend & he doesn't work weekends, but I never received a call back during the week. After many attempts, I finally reached him on Wednesday. He was very polite & understood that the past due balance was the previous resident (my aunt), not me. He assured me contrary to popular belief Comcast was not at all trying to make me pay a bill that wasn't mine. He said that all I had to do was show them a copy of my lease that lists everyone who lives here & as long as my aunt wasn't one of those people they'd turn my service on. He said I could send it to him, but that taking it to my local office would be quicker. He said the local office would fix the problem & turn my service on right away. I had to work Thurs & Fri, so I took it to the local office on Saturday. They were Absolutely No Help Whatsoever!! She just looked at my lease & said "What am I supposed to do with this?!" She said that because I have the same last name as my aunt who owes the previous bill (from years ago), that I'd have to pay her bill in order to have service!! Absolutely Ridiculous & not at all what Woody Green told me!! I immediately called Woody & left him a message, but he doesn't work weekends so he hasn't gotten my message yet. I decided that I'll just fax him the copy of my lease, but no one at Comcast customer service can seem to give me the correct fax number to send it! I've been given about 5 different fax #'s and none of the agents were very sure if they were the right #"s.. one agent told me to fax it to all of the #'s I'd been given so there's a better chance he'd end up getting it! I've told them that Woody Green's direct line is located in Atlanta, GA and that when I call the recording says it's the high risk department, but they still can't seem to give me a fax # that they know is correct. He's the only one in this large corporation that can help me, but I can't seem to get his fax #. Yes, tomorrow is Monday and he should be in the office, but I also know it'll prob take me days to reach him again. I want to hurry up & get this taken care of or get my money back & get service thru at&t who's been offering me a cheaper deal. I'm tired of not getting the internet that I've paid for. Does anyone know the # I should fax or is there anyone who can help me with this? Thanx
Accepted Solution

Re: I need Fax # for high risk department! Comcast took my money & cancelled my order!

Mwag14 -- I reviewed your address and it does not have a block on it. I verified with finance that you would be able to connect service at this location. I can help set that up. You can send me a PM with what package you'd like to get setup with and I'll have that applied. 

View answer in context
Admin1

Re: I need Fax # for high risk department! Comcast took my money & cancelled my order!

Hi Mwag14 -- I can help you with this service issue. I reviewed your account and found the agent who received your fax. I have contacted their group and have asked for a progress update on getting your address unlocked so you can establish service. I will reply back with what they say. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Mwag14 -- I spoke with Woody about your situation. He says he has what he needs and now just needs to speak with you to over information. Please contact him directly to finalize everything. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for helping. The situation is not resolved yet, but I spoke to Woody again today. Per his request, I sent him another copy of my lease and he is going to talk to his supervisor and hopefully all will be resolved soon
Admin1

Mwag14 -- You're welcome for the help and glad you were able to reach Woody. Hopefully he'll be able to get this all resolved for you quickly. Please let us know if you're not making any progress and I'll speak with Woody again to get things moving forward. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

I still haven't been able to get this situation resolved. I haven't heard anything since I spoke to Woody on Halloween. On Halloween he sent my lease to his supervisors & when I asked, he told me that I didn't need to check back & that either the supervisor or himself would get back to me. I've tried to be patient & not keep calling him since it's now the supervisors handling it & he prob can't really hurry them up. However, it's been a long time since Halloween & I haven't heard a thing. I'm planning to call Woody tomorrow to check on things, but I'm guessing that things haven't been resolved since I haven't heard from anyone.
One thing Woody did tell me on Halloween that sounded promising, was that if I signed up for prepaid services I could have the situation resolved immediately. I didn't know there was a prepaid services option. At first I incorrectly thought he meant the option for auto pay, which is what I'd already signed up for. I asked if I could still get the same internet deal I signed up for & he said yes, that everything is the same except that it's prepaid & I could use the $50 that I've already given Comcast toward my prepaid services. I went online like he said to sign up for prepaid services. However, there was only one plan option for a slower speed internet for $45. It's not at all the same thing I was trying to sign up for. I need internet that's fast enough for our needs & that the whole family can be using at the same time. Also, if I did that I'd still need to find a way to get my $50 transferred to the prepaid account or returned to me.
If there's anyway you can help me that would be great. Comcast has had my money for quite some time & I've received nothing but a hassle in return. I can't afford to pay for nothing in return. Plus, I've spent many stressful hours on the phone, internet, etc. At this point I'm very frustrated & thinking it's probably best to just get my money back & move on to at&t. How would I go about doing that? Could I just take the modem in to my local office & receive my refund? Or would I need to send it back by mail & call them to credit my account back? If you can help me either get my internet turned on or to get my money back & move on, that would be great. Thanks
New Poster

You are not going to get it resolved. Your aunt is a family member and they will require the bill to be paid before they allow you to get service. YOU don't have to pay it ( in fact she really needs to) but they wont give anyone in your household service until it is paid. They have a same household/same family policy, like most utility companies do. It is to stop people from ducking out on their bills and just getting it hooked up in another family members name when it gets disconnected for non-pay.

This is your aunts fault, not Comcast. She needs to pay her bill. 

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info, but that's not what they told me. They said it didn't matter that we were related, that it only matters that she doesn't live here with me. We have never lived together, so I was not here when the bill was acquired & we didn't move in till long after she moved out.. They said they were in no way requiring me to pay her book to get my service turned on, but they've also never resolved the issue or given my money back and they won't return my calls, so I guess they in fact are.. I'm fine not giving them my business. I don't want to deal with a company who keeps stringing me along and after I've done everything they requested and wasted a lot of my time, I end up with nothing. Not to mention that they're customer service agents on the phone & in person (locally) are incredibly rude. With the exception of Woody, he was the only knowledge polite employee I came across, however he never resolved my issue either. . Overall Comcast is absolutely awful & even after my aunt pays her bill I won't be doing any further business with them, however I Will be getting my $50 back that I paid to start my service that I never received
Official Employee

Hello, I contacted our teams regarding this and they notified me this was cleared. Please visit your nearest service center and they can assist you with getting an account set up for you. - Matt 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Btw for your to say this is not Comcast's fault is not only rude, but incorrect. First Comcast is who makes Comcast's policies, so they are to blame if there's an unfair policy that causes them to lose business. Second, they repeatedly told me that that was Not their policy and that I did Not need to pay my aunt's previous bill to get service, so that's again their fault. Why did they keep stringing me along and have me send my lease etc? If that was indeed their policy, they could of and should of politely told me that from the beginning. They have never told me that, except for one extremely rude lady at the local office. Woody, who knows much more than her and deals with this situation daily said she was completely incorrect. Comcast is indeed responsible for rude and unknowlegeable agents. Comcast is indeed responsible for continually telling me they'd resolve the issue, then never getting back to me.. Saying it's not Comcast's fault is ridiculous. Also you said they have this policy (which they say they don't have) to keep people from not paying their bill and getting service in another name. Say this is true and my aunt secretly lives here (which she does Not), but pretend she did... Would Comcast still not benefit from receiving $50 a month from me, instead of nothing from this household. Either way, she still owes a bill. But the way they've done it, they're getting nothing from me a month instead of $50. .. So it seems to me that the policy doesn't benefit them either.. if Comcast wanted to stop people from not paying their bills and then repeatedly getting it in another person's name, they could make a policy that someone at the same address can't start new service for a specific amount of time after an unpaid bill... Anyhow Comcast did Not handle this correctly at all...
Frequent Visitor

Matt, thank you so much! I didn't see your post when I commented again to the person that said it won't get resolved and that it wasn't Comcast's fault. I was not calling what you said rude, it was the other person. You've been very helpful. Thanks
Official Employee

No worries, glad we could help. If you have any other troubles feel free to contact us at any time. - Matt 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thanx, it's probably not real important, but somehow an answer that clearly isn't the best answer got marked as "the best answer" & it won't let me change it. Is there a way to unmark it? If not, that's ok
Frequent Visitor

I finally figured it out Lol! I think it was just giving me a hard time cuz of my phone acting up
Frequent Visitor

OMG!!! I'm so upset!! This situation keeps getting worse & worse! Since I was told everything was finally cleared up & Comcast was offering a good deal on what I want & they already had my money anyway, I decided to sign up for service. I did so over chat on Friday with no problem, & they gave me the same account # from when I originally signed up on Oct 13th. I had some questions on if she signed me up for the correct package, so I called back on Saturday. When i did the lady I was taking to accidently cancelled my order & I had to get transferred to sales to sign up again. This time they gave me a different account # and made a minor error in the spelling of my last name. The rep was very nice & polite & apologized that I'd gone thru so much. She assured me that the block was gone, signed me up & scheduled a tech for Tuesday. Well, now that it's Monday night, I get a text that my appointment was cancelled!! When I call I get told that it is about the previous tenant (my aunt's) old bill and they proceed to tell me to call Woody!!!! OMG!! I'm right back to where I started! She said they put the block back on after I signed up for service on Saturday!! Needless to say, I'm beyond annoyed & Comcast has had my money for nearly 2 months now & im not about to start from scratch dealing with this all over again! So I tell them I need my money refunded. She's says it'll happen automatically, however I knew this wasn't true since they've never refunded my money since this whole thing started on Oct 13th.. she then transfers me to someone to process my refund, but instead the lady tells me they're investigating the situation & will call me back in about an hour. I have about zero faith in even getting that call tonight, much less them resolving things. I thought perhaps the prob was they gave me a different account # and misspelled my last name, so the powers to be didn't see that they'd already resolved this issue for me. Evidently that's not the problem cuz the block is for my address. I've never had so much trouble trying to give a company my business. It's absolutely ridiculous & I am fed up beyond belief!! Matt, if you see this can you plz contact them again & see why they put the block back on after they finally took it off? Thanks
Admin1

Mwag14 -- I reviewed your address and it does not have a block on it. I verified with finance that you would be able to connect service at this location. I can help set that up. You can send me a PM with what package you'd like to get setup with and I'll have that applied. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

Thank Zach, I just sent you a PM about the package I was trying to sign up for.
Frequent Visitor

I just want to thank Zach and Matt for all their help with this whole situation..I appreciate that you both took the time and initiative to assist me
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation