Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

I cancelled my Xfinity Account and Still received a Bill

Regular Visitor

I cancelled my Xfinity Account and Still received a Bill

I contacted Xfinity 2-3 weeks before my bill cycle was over and cancelled my account and they said no problem i had 15 days after my account was closed to return the equipment never mentioning that my account closes after i returned all of the equipment. Around a week before my account was to be completely closed a xfinity representative called me and tried to get me to buy back into one of thier plans and I told him that I would have to think about it and call him back but for now i was still cancelling my account. I checked my account on the day of the final day and I see that i had a bill online. I called them right away and they said it was a mistake and that i shouldn't worry about it, they even opened a Solutions Dept Ticket #24018. I was going to return thier equipment as per thier 15 day grace period and Hurricane Irma hit and I called right away and they said it was ok that I returned the equipment the following week. After the frustration of Hurricane Irma I returned thier equipment on time and then I checked to see if I owed anything and wouldn't you know it. I was billed what seems like 2 billing cycles. i called and told them what happened and basically was told that they couldn't do anything that service ends when equipment was returned and I told them that that's not what they told me when I spoke to the agent when i cancelled they agent had told me i could return 2 weeks after the cancel date which Aug 24 or 25. I called several times and was told I still had a bill. This is frustrating especially when have gone through a hurricane and trying to do the right thing. If this doesn't get resolved ASAP or I will complain to the FTC.

Forum Changes:
Forum Labels are HERE!... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation