members

topics

How can I remove the Regional Sports fee

New Poster

How can I remove the Regional Sports fee

Am I required to pay this Regional Sports fee

Frequent Visitor

Re: How can I remove the Regional Sports fee

@santia44 The regonial sports fee is a tax. Its a fee for broadcasting local sporting events. You won't be able to remove that. Anyone with TV service is subejct to that fee. -RespectedWisdom

Gold Problem Solver

@RespectedWisdom wrote: ... The regonial sports fee is a tax. ... You won't be able to remove that. Anyone with TV service is subejct to that fee. ...

That's incorrect. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/most-common-taxes-fees-surcharges-on-your-bill. The regional sports fee is not a tax and can be avoided if you choose a TV service tier that does not include regional sports networks, like Limited Basic, Family tier, and Digital Economy.

Frequent Visitor

This fee is based upon the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry their networks. We pay over and above this fee to meet our obligation to regional sports networks in order to carry their networks. -Respectedwisdom

Regional Sports Network Fee
The Regional Sports Network Fee is an itemized charge that you will see on your bill. This is not a government-mandated or required fee and will increase from time to time. This fee is based upon the fees that regional sports networks charge us to carry their networks. We pay over and above this fee to meet our obligation to regional sports networks in order to carry their networks. Regional sports networks have begun to increase their charges regularly, and we have limited control over the amount or pace of these increases. As a result, the Regional Sports Network Fee is not included in our promotional pricing or pricing under your minimum-term agreement and can increase during your promotion or minimum-term. You will receive advance notice before an increase takes effect.

Regular Contributor

It isn't a tax no, but you can not have Starter/Standard level of TV service or higher, and not have this fee on your bill.
Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation