Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

High Bill for Long Time Customer

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 14

I've been a loyal comcast customer for over 20 years, i am at the point of seriously considering switching providers, my monthly bill i so high, i know i can get a better deal than this. My question is...can comcast give me a better deal to stay with them or should i start looking elsewhere? I've called customer service numerous times and they will lower it by about 20.00 if i want to downgrade my service. So comcast do you have any deals to keep a long time customer or is it time to start looking. 

13 REPLIES
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 2 of 14
I totally agree! We switched to Comcast over two years ago after having so many issues with Dish. My bill went up over $205 a month for the triple play. We decided we only wanted the internet since we stream most of our shows anyways. The only package they could offer me for internet to stream is over $80 and for $2 more I could get TV with it. Yet if I were a new customer I could get just interest for $39.99 a month. I was told I don't qualify for that unless I go without their services for at least 3 months. Its ridiculous that they would rather not get any money for 3 months than give me the better price from the start. I lowered it to the $80 but I am actively looking at other internet providers because it's ridiculous. We like their internet because we don't have any issues with it but I refuse to pay double for something because I am already a customer. Sorry Comcast but I'm afraid we will be saying goodbye very soon.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 3 of 14

Hello lori21,

I apologize for the inconvenience, as we certainly do not want to lose you as a valued customer.  I have sent you a private message with an offer for a new promotion. To view your private messages, please click the envelope with the red number located next to it, which is in the top-right of this page.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 4 of 14

Hello KStryker,

I apologize for your billing concerns. I do have a promotion that I would like to offer you. For security, I will be sending you a private message so we can speak about your account freely. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 14

Hello ComcastDawn/ComcastCurtiss/ComcastOthers:

I have also been a loyal customer with Comcast/xfinity for 15+ years and am once again looking at a price hike next month. I've chatted with an agent online and called sales team at 1-877-395-5388. The deals they offer are really not deals at all, at least compared to the few that I very occasionally got during the time I've been with Comcast. Please help me out there.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 14

Hello SunnyRadGal,

I apologize for any inconvenience. I will be sending an offer for a new promotion to you via private message, since we will be discussing private, account-specific information. To view your private messages, please click the envelope in the top-right of this page, with the red number located next to it. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 7 of 14

I would look into other options. I was offered ten dollars less.

not alot of help

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 8 of 14

It is so frustrating to try to lower your bill when there is so little upfront information on the plans and pricing. We signed up with a triple play package many years ago and the introductory pricing has long since expired. The prices continue to steadily go up every year. I know many many people switch providers on a regular basis to try and always get a better rate or just threaten to do so to get a better rate. I realize by not playing that game we've paid dearly for far too long.

I cut back on charges by returning all cable boxes and using just one cablecard, dropping the voice plan, and buying my own modem to return the rental. Then I decided I would try to get a better rate for my tv and internet by comparing different provider prices (mainly Comcast, WOW, AT&T). Talking to friends, family, and forum posters online let me see what other people are paying Comcast for the level of service I want. I could not find that information anywhere on the Comcast site.

I decided to try an online chat with an agent to see what I could do. After an hour long chat I was pretty disappointed. The agent was very nice and polite, but the first half consisted of him trying to get me to take another triple play deal even though I clearly stated several times I did not want that and had already canceled the phone and ported my number. Then he conceded and offered me a double play that was $30 MORE a month than the triple play he just offered and had half the internet speed! His next offer after consulting a supervisor was a double play that was just $10 less than the triple play offer and still half the internet speed of it. He did throw in a nice offer for a HBO discount for two years though. Even considering the HBO deal it would still be at least a good $25-$35 more a month than what others are paying for the exact same channels and internet speed or even better in some cases. I would also have to commit to that price for two years, and then it goes up again.

I know I'm not a new customer, but you would think that sticking with Comcast all these years and never having played the “complaining to get another promo” game before would count for something. Maybe that just labels me as a chump though. I did not accept the Comcast agent's offer and I am still looking at other options. It's so very frustrating.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 9 of 14

A Comcast rep, ComcastZach, replied to me on another thread and offered to help me with package options. He listened to what I wanted and got me setup with a package that was right for me without trying to upsell me. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 10 of 14
That's good for you but I was only offered something 10 less and losing most of my channels
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 11 of 14

My bill just went up to $255 from $215 and it was $180 before that. Has anybody found a way  to shed services online or does it have to be done over the phone? $250 is a lot!

Posted by
Contributor

Message 12 of 14

comcast is all about "for profit" from my friends POV, they simply dont care. many a times i tried hashing out deal on live chat with not much succession. all one can do is be persistant and keep badgering comcast to find a lower option. our bill right now is about 121..not much room to negotiate a lower price, unless give up some fave channels which i wont do. we have double play. i do recall last year when i signed up, the rep said it was for 69.99 a month..but after 2-3 months later, it was for 99.99 a month..that there is odd..unless it was something i missed out or was mistaken not reading the fine print. there is always a way to find best deal..the universal word is persistant. i will continue to complain until the day we can see a nice perm reduction in bill without losing fave channels.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 13 of 14

Comcast about to lose me too.RCN cable guy coming in a little while to discuss the switch. Comcast refuses to be competitive. I refuse to stand for unreasably high bills and ridiculous charges. Can anyone tell me why Comcast raised monthly charge for DTA box from $2.95 to $5.95? Answer: because it can! RCN service for same internet and TV as Comcast might be 1/3 of Comcast cost. Even 1/2 would save lots of $$$$$$$$.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 14 of 14

Hi Suspicious! I know the price increase was not expected by yourself and other customers. The reason for the price change was becasue the DTA's are capable pf receiving more channels than before, which could be beneficial based on the package you currently receive.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.