Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Help with monthly over-charge going on for years?

Regular Visitor

Help with monthly over-charge going on for years?

I am looking for help in resolving a monthly over-charge that I suspect has been going on for years.  I recently questioned a $9.95 charge on my cable bill for "Service to Additional TV".  I didn't have an additional tv so I was curious as to what this might be.  After much investigation, it turns out that this monthly charge was for the cable box and the cable card that I had on my account. The problem is that I do not have a cable box - my account has never had a cable box.  I receive my cable through my TIVO box so there has never been a cable box with my account.

When I ordered the cable card I confirmed that the first cable card would be free and that I would not be charged for it.  The technician that came out many years ago (2010 or 2011 is my guess as to when this happened) confirmed that since I did not have a cable box (he verified that there was no cable box - just the TIVO unit) that the cable card would be free.

Unfortunately it appears that someone back in the Comcast office did not listen to this technician and charged me the monthly fee of $9.95.

I have been successful in getting this incorrect over-charge stopped so it is no longer appearing on my monthly bill.

The bad news is that I have been unsuccessful in finding out exactly when the monthly over-charges started and getting these incorrect over-charges reversed.  Comcast has applied a measly 6 month credit to my account and keeps insisting that this is all they can do.  This is unacceptable and I want an answer as to how long this has been going on and I want all of the over-charges reversed.

I have opened half a dozen tickets requesting an answer to my questions and I have been told multiple times that someone would call me to discuss this situation.  No one has called.  When I call back to inquire as to the status of my open ticket, I get told that the ticket has been closed.  I then open a new ticket and the process starts all over again.  Currently I have ticket #044804291 open on this issue.

I need to speak to someone empowered to resolve this issue.  I have been over-charged a monthly fee that I suspect has gone on for 5-6 years and I am not satisfied with a measly 6 month credit.  Who can I speak to in order to correct this situation?

Sean

Service Expert

Re: Help with monthly over-charge going on for years?

Nancydee wrote:

I am looking for help in resolving a monthly over-charge that I suspect has been going on for years.  I recently questioned a $9.95 charge on my cable bill for "Service to Additional TV".  I didn't have an additional tv so I was curious as to what this might be.  After much investigation, it turns out that this monthly charge was for the cable box and the cable card that I had on my account. The problem is that I do not have a cable box - my account has never had a cable box.  I receive my cable through my TIVO box so there has never been a cable box with my account.

When I ordered the cable card I confirmed that the first cable card would be free and that I would not be charged for it.  The technician that came out many years ago (2010 or 2011 is my guess as to when this happened) confirmed that since I did not have a cable box (he verified that there was no cable box - just the TIVO unit) that the cable card would be free.

Unfortunately it appears that someone back in the Comcast office did not listen to this technician and charged me the monthly fee of $9.95.

I have been successful in getting this incorrect over-charge stopped so it is no longer appearing on my monthly bill.

The bad news is that I have been unsuccessful in finding out exactly when the monthly over-charges started and getting these incorrect over-charges reversed.  Comcast has applied a measly 6 month credit to my account and keeps insisting that this is all they can do.  This is unacceptable and I want an answer as to how long this has been going on and I want all of the over-charges reversed.

I have opened half a dozen tickets requesting an answer to my questions and I have been told multiple times that someone would call me to discuss this situation.  No one has called.  When I call back to inquire as to the status of my open ticket, I get told that the ticket has been closed.  I then open a new ticket and the process starts all over again.  Currently I have ticket #044804291 open on this issue.

I need to speak to someone empowered to resolve this issue.  I have been over-charged a monthly fee that I suspect has gone on for 5-6 years and I am not satisfied with a measly 6 month credit.  Who can I speak to in order to correct this situation?

Sean

I can pretty much guarantee that you won't see 5-6 years of reimbursement for something you're just now disputing.  Reimbursement for 6 months is more than the usual 3-4 months that Comcast gives for an overcharge.  In the long run it's your responsibility to check your bill on a monthly basis and immediately dispute any charges you feel are unfair or that you don't understand and have that taken care of at the time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

I can assure you that billing mistakes on the part of Comcast are their responsibility.

Blaming the customer for not noticing their mistake is not a valid approach (legally....morally....and ethically).

Official Employee

Hi, Nancydee - I can look into this billing concern for you. Please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

ComcastElla:

Thanks for responding and offering to look into this issue for me and my wife.  Unfortunately as a new user I not able to use the direct messaging feature of the forum.  I can click on your name and I see the link to direct message you but it just takes me to a blank screen where I cannot compose or send you a private message.

Here is the wording on direct messaging in the forum that says I cannot do this as a new user...

=======================================================================================================================================

Due to the influx of unsolicited private messages to our Official Employees, private messaging has been disabled for new forum users. 

Although we understand our customer's desire to have their issue addressed as quickly as possible, by sending unsolicited private messages to our Official Employees, you are inadvertently violating our forum guidelines. Since the forum is designed as a primarily peer-to-peer based support tool, posting your questions publicly ensures that you get the best help possible and allows users who may have similar issues to benefit from that conversation. This is why private messaging has been disabled for users who have never made a public post.

You will notice that you will regain access to private messaging once you participate in the public forum more. Once that happens we request that you still post publicly and only send private messages to those users/employees that request that of you. 

Thanks in advance for your understanding. We look forward to seeing you in the community. 

Regular Visitor

Sorry - looks like I need to use the "Send Message" under your name to send you a message.  Will do so.

Sean

Official Employee

@Nancydee - No worries, I got your private message. Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation