Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HELP! Issue Was Resolved with Comcast MONTHS ago But Just Got Bill from Debt Collectors!

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

HELP! Issue Was Resolved with Comcast MONTHS ago But Just Got Bill from Debt Collectors!

I’m going to make the longest story in history shortened so that I don’t waste anyone’s time.

I lived in Atlanta and my father fell ill. After 13 months of service with Xfinity, I had to cancel my account and move home to take care of my father. I spoke with the Comcast representative and they agreed to waive the fee as long as they received representation from a doctor. I sent this to them and they said they would resolve the situation.

Cut to to a month later I’m billed at my father’s address a cancellation fee of $200 plus - after having resolved this issue.

I call up Comcast and talk for over two hours with somebody after getting sent from one customer service rep to the next. Finally, I am told it would be taken care of.

Another month goes by and my father passed away. Then, to add insult to heartbreak, I received ANOTHER past due bill. At this point I am losing my mind. I decide to use Comcast Chat so that I have everything in writing. I am told after working with the associate that I need to bring my father’s death certificate to my local Comcast office and it would be taken care of.

I drive 35 minutes to the closest store, and speak with a representative and show the DC. The rep said it is noted and all taken care of.

Another month goes by and I receive a letter from COLLECTION. I Call up collection and give my case number and the name of the person I talk to at the Comcast store and also offer a transcript of the chat. The person said that they will make the note on the file and send it back to Comcast.

I finally thought things were resolved and now today, after not hearing anything for over two months, I received a letter of collection from a different collection company. I am at my breaking point. I have literally put in over 60 hours of my life dealing with this.

I am begging for someone to help me. I’m about to take them to small claims court for the complete chaos and stress they have impacted on my life. I have records - the chat transcript in full, the business card, case number and signature of the person I worked with at the store and gave the DC to, etc.

Someone please help. Not only did I lose my best friend, my dad, but I’m losing my mind now too.
Accepted Solution

Re: HELP! Issue Was Resolved with Comcast MONTHS ago But Just Got Bill from Debt Collectors!

Hello toreyflorida. We offer our condolences regarding your loss. I can assist with reviewing your account and any balance we are reporting. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

View answer in context
Service Expert

Re: HELP! Issue Was Resolved with Comcast MONTHS ago But Just Got Bill from Debt Collectors!

toreyflorida,

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hello toreyflorida. We offer our condolences regarding your loss. I can assist with reviewing your account and any balance we are reporting. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation