Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HELP!! Comcast wrongly sent me to collections

Regular Visitor

HELP!! Comcast wrongly sent me to collections

Comcast told me my remaining balance when I called after canceling was $19 which I paid. They also told me I needed to pay a cancellation fee which I disputed. They sent me a bill saying my account was under review and I did not need to pay anything that was included in the mailer that was sent. Well, today I got a letter from a debt collector saying Comcast sent me to collections. Please help - this is unjust and they won’t help me when I call!
Official Employee

Re: HELP!! Comcast wrongly sent me to collections

Hi Almoses85, 

I can help review your account and help address your concerns. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

This person was not helpful at all and never responded to my last message when I sent screen shots of the information they asked for. This just goes to show that Comcast is practicing incredibly shady business practices. Once I return to an area that offers their service, I still will not be using it. I would rather not have TV services at all than to have to utilize Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

image1.pngimage2.png

As you can see, I have included the bill that said we were not required to pay as the acount was under review. I then called last week to see if I could find out the result and was told I needed to pay $19.99 which you can see in the other photo. Once that was paid, it said my balance was $0. 

Service Expert

If you were in a contract at the time you canceled you would owe an early termination fee [ETF].  That $19.99 was probably for the bill itself.  [Your images are far too small to see, btw, but if they included your account number, that's probably for the best.]

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

@Almoses85

Thanks for reaching out again. I wasn't ignoring you. I was out of the office sick, and am off on Sunday's and Monday's your screenshot and will be replying to your private message shortly. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation