Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

HD Premier XF Triple Play

Contributor

HD Premier XF Triple Play

Last week, my 2-yr HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play contract expired. So, I went to my local Xfinity store and purchased the 2-yr HD Premier XF Triple Play. I was told that I would be able to access the written agreement online under My Account.

When I purchased the package, the store rep said it was for 2-yrs at $159.99/month, and the 3rd year would be guaranteed at $184.99/month. (There would be no early termination fee after 2 years, so I could purchase a different package if a better price was offered during the third year). Along with the standard features - Digital Premier w/ DVR Service, HD Tech Fee, Blast, Unlimited Voice - the premium channels included HBO, Starz, TMC, Cinemax and Showtime.

Here are my issues:

• I could not (and still can not) access my agreement in My Accounts. All that's there are three boiler plate agreements, not my personal new HD Premier agreement. So I called the 800 customer service number to ask how I could get the written agreement. The rep was very nice, but said she could not help me because it SHOULD be accessible under My Accounts. But she did confirm the $159.99/month 2-yr pricing, as she could see it on her screen. However, there was no reference to the $184.99 price for year 3, so she couldn't confirm that. She suggested going back to the store and ask for a printed contract.
  • I went to the store the next day and kind of got the same answer from the rep there. I was persistent and said I wanted something in writing. She finally printed out the agreement for me.
  • The agreement she gave me is for 2 years at $159.99/mo and shows all of the features EXCEPT the premium channels. My last package contract, the HD Preferred, listed the premium channels (HBO and Starz) I received under that agreement. This new agreement should list the premium channels, too. Note: I am actually receiving all of the promised premium channels, but those things could vanish at anytime and I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
  • Also, the agreement she printed out DOES NOT reference the 3rd year price of $184.99/month. I asked why it didn't. Her answer was that it's "not part of the contract". I said it most certainly is, and that the rep I purchased it from told me as much. She did confirm that, on her screen, she could see the 3rd year at $184.99/month, so I would get that price in year 3. Again, I said that should be in the agreement she had just handed me, because I'd have no leg to stand on if that 3rd year price was jacked up to standard price (which currently is $221/month). She basically said, sorry, I can't print out anything that will reference that price. I left that store completely ticked off.

Comcast has managed to turn what had been a positive experience into an unsatisfying one. I left the Xfinity store after the first visit feeling pretty good. After all, I actually lowered my bill by about $15/month and got a couple of extra premium channels! However, after a 20-30 minute phone call with the rep at the 800 number (about my agreement) and an additional trip to the local Xfinity store (to shake a written agreement out of them), I still don't have a proper written contract in my possession.

I'm probably wasting my time (again) by posting this comment. But I see that Comcast reps do monitor and reply on these boards, so I'm hopeful a rep will take up my issue...

Contributor

Re: HD Premier XF Triple Play

FYI: I should've noted that I've already received my first bill which reflects this new package. The bundle description on the bill is:

HD Premier 03/08 - 04/07

Includes Digital Premier With 1st TV Box And Remote, DVR Service, HD Technology Fee, Streampix, Blast! Internet And Voice Unlimited

Again, my previous bills ALWAYS reflected the premium channels I was receiving as part of the HD Preferred package.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation