Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Finding Consistent Information

Regular Visitor

Finding Consistent Information

Hello,

I'm a current comcast customer in the salt lake area that is currently paying $30 per month for 60 mbps internet. I recently moved and was told after the fact that I could have renewed my current rates for an additional year. Basically right after setting up the transfer in the store I was told now that my transfer to the new unit has gone through that I can't retroactively renew at my current price. At the time of calling to setting up my modem at the new location (I called around 5:30pm on March 16th) the agent told me that I could bundle with a basic TV package for $35 per month. In calling today I've been told my bill next month will be basically doubling in price to $55. The first woman I spoke to (Paula) would only offer me a home security package with my internet for nearly $100. She consistently told me that there was no method for me to change my internet service without adding another line of service (TV, phone, security etc.). I told her point blank I would not want anything else and that I would be leaving. She then provides me a phone number for another service representative. The next lady I speak to (patricia) is more reasonable but states that they don't have a method to keep me close to my current payments.

Basically this morning has felt like one of those stereotypical "free" time share resorts you hear about where every representative you speak with gives you different price information because they're likely working off of commission. My question is how can I go about finding the true cost of what I can get my internet service for. Is there some central location online where I can see best prices or is this a workaround that you have to kind of just find the right deal with the right person?

For reference I can get century link in my area for a similar price to the one I'm currently paying or upgrade to Google Fiber for $50 and 100mbps. The issue is I've already got the service set up so I'd like to avoid the hassle if I can just get equivalent pricing to what I'm paying. 

Official Employee

Re: Finding Consistent Information

Hi, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check for any offers for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

So I've never been able to get this private message system to work. I've tried on half a dozen separate occasions and on different computers. It lets me click to send you one, but then I end up on a page with a private textbox that I can't click on or edit.

Admin1

chrisrmartin11 -- When you open up Private Messaging on a desktop you have the option to us HTML or Rich Text. It defaults to HTML when you open it. Can you select Rich Text to see if it lets you send a message?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation