Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Extra Charges for Internet Usage

New Poster

Extra Charges for Internet Usage

Hi,

Several months ago I cancelled my Cable and Phone because of continuous service and customer service issues I had been experiencing and somehow your recovery team convinced me to keep the Internet with you guys. The agreement was to keep a fixed monthly payment for unlimited data usage...at least so i thought. At the time, you guys also asked me to change my email address on my account to reflect my personal email address instead of the comcast one so i can get any alerts/notifications because I do not use the Comcast email address. So i made the change and in fact one of your reps walked me thru the change...at least so i thought.

Fast forward to today, when i get a bill in the mail stating that I am responsible for a $50 extra charge for usage so obviously I am surprised..I call your Customer Service dept and she tells me that now I don't have unlimited data usage and that you guys have been sending some email notifications to the comcast email account which I specifically was told not to use so at that point it's very frustrating to hear the opposite of what you have been told.

So I asked for the following:

1) Since I have not been getting any of the notifications please waive the $50 and then in turn I will sign up for unlimited (contrary to what I was told when I first signed up) - so I am willing to give you $600 / year vs you waiving $50 charge - which I was not notified about. I tried talking to your customer rep - no luck there...

2) I tried escalating to your supervisor - they had me on hold for over 35 mins and then your supervisor gets on the phone and says that she can't do anything about it

So, in summary - you guys don't communicate clearly about what the services entail, your IT systems apparently don't work because the email updates never took place, you continue to send me communications to an email address I don't check but yet this in your policy book suffices as valid customer communication and you guys are willing to lose a customer over $50. I left the first time for a reason and I got convinced to stay with you guys because I was promised that the customer service would be better this time around. The lack of logic from your reps or supervisors sometimes just doesn't make sense - They rather lose a customer and $1800 / year over $50 - which if it was a fair charge i would gladly pay but it's not. 

Very dissapointed and will be calling tomorrow to cancel. Just wanted to write to you guys for the record because I believed you guys that things would get better but either your policies or the people you hire keep getting in the way of you being able to deliver "common sense good customer service".

Official Employee

Re: Extra Charges for Internet Usage

Hello amain. Thank you for joining the XFINITY Forums and creating your first post! We're glad you're here. I can assist with reviewing your data usage and your account balance options. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. To send me a private message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation